As a registered Nurse you will be responsible for providing the highest standard of individualised holistic patient care in conjunction with the multi-disciplinary team.
You will be responsible for supporting your Manager in ensuring that our Endoscopy service users' needs are met through the delivery of high-quality care. As a centre of excellence, you will offer a person-centred approach to their independence and well-being.Main duties of the job
To work as part of the MDT, Assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating individualised plans of patient care.
Effectively communicate with patients, relatives and other members of the endoscopy Team.
Maintain a high standard of clinical work when carrying out nursing procedures and assisting endoscopist with therapeutic procedures.
Ensure all policies and procedures are adhered to.
Ensure all areas within the endoscopy unit are prepared safely and according to procedure.
Ensure all technical equipment is checked prior to procedures and is in good working order.
Keep up to date with COSHH regulations.
Be aware of own individual responsibilities and training needs and keep up to date with mandatory training.
Maintain a clean and safe environment and report any untoward incident.
Respect patient's confidentiality.
Keep accurate nursing records.
Facilitate effective discharge planning alongside other members of the MDT.
Cannulation and venepuncture are an essential skill.About us
Doncaster & Bassetlaw NHS FT is one of Yorkshire's Leading acute trusts, serving a population of more than 420,000 across South Yorkshire, North Nottinghamshire, and the surrounding areas. Our services are based over three main hospital sites employing over 6,000 colleagues.
It is our goal to give those who join Team DBTH the tools and opportunities to grow their career, so whether you spend just one year or fifty with us, it's our pledge to help youDevelop
As an organisation that supports flexible working, we want to be sure that you can work in a way that is best for us and for our patients, and for you. Speak to us about how we might be able to support a flexible working arrangement. If it works for the service, we will do our best to make it work for you.
As an equal opportunities employer, we encourage applicants from all sectors of the community, particularly from under-represented groups including those with disabilities, members of our ethnic minorities and LGBTQ+ communities. We offer a range of benefits including:
o Extensive range of learning opportunitieso NHS Pension Schemeo Generous holiday entitlement commencing at 27 days holiday per year plus bank holidays (pro rata).o Comprehensive health and wellbeing supporto NHS Car Lease schemes and a range of salary sacrifice schemeo Discounts on restaurants, getaways, shopping and finance through external providersJob descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see attached to the advert a job description and person specification for further details. Please ensure you read both documents carefully.
Please note, if your application is successful you will be required to present original certificates of qualifications that are listed in the person specification under essential. Person SpecificationExperienceEssential
- Minimum of 12 months or working in hospital environment
- Knowledge of Endoscopy as a whole and the procedures
- RN Level 1 or 2
- Endoscopy experience
- 7 day working including on call working
- NMC Current Registration
- Up to date knowledge of professional issues
- Demonstrate professional development post-registration
- Venepuncture / Cannulation packages
- Endoscopy course
- Demonstrate good verbal and written communication skills with multidisciplinary team/ clients/ relatives
- Demonstrate a caring manner with an understanding disposition. Be interested and committed to caring for people from any culture and environmental background or illness
- Evidence of working effectively within the multidisciplinary team
- Able to accommodate the demands of the post with flexible working as required and good attendance
- Precise and methodical in working practice and able to work under own initiative
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Knowledge of trust policies and procedures
- Resourceful and able to work on own initiatives
Doncaster & Bassetlaw Teaching Hospitals NHS FTAddress
Doncaster Royal Infirmary
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.