Band 6 Trainee Trauma Nurse Practitioner **Exciting opportunity for those wishing to progress in trauma and orthopaedic nursing. **
An opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic, proactive, innovative and motivated nurse to be part of the Advanced Trauma Nurse Practitioner team at the Royal Berkshire Hospital, Reading.
Applicants must have experience in trauma and orthopaedic nursing and either have, or be willing to work towards, a MSc in Advanced Nursing Practice.
The successful applicant will work within a dynamic team to provide care and support to trauma patients in both in-patient and out-patient settings.
You will be supported to advance from trainee level to advanced nurse practitioner.Main duties of the job
- Organising and managing trauma operating lists.
- Attending the trauma meeting, and speciality MDT meetings.
- Contacting patients and explaining treatment plans.
- Participate in Nurse-led fracture clinics.
- Supporting ward nurses with complex injuries.
- Supporting outlying wards managing trauma patients.
- Reviewing patients.
- Participate in service development.
Reading sits on the river Thames and is served by great road and rail links to London, Oxford and Southampton. With excellent leisure and shopping facilities, and a thriving cultural scene, Reading is a wonderful place to live, work and play and provides excellent facilities for families, including some of the best state and private schools in the UK.
The CQC recently rated the care provided by the Royal Berkshire NHS Foundation Trust as Good.
xcellent, reflect the type of Trust we aspire to be and you can join our dedicated and talented staff to make this happen.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please refer to the attached Job Description and Person Specification for further details. Person SpecificationEducation and experienceEssential
- Facilitate daily post take ward rounds and assist in the preparation of daily trauma operating lists.
- Work under supervision, and within professional boundaries, to assess and examine patients and plan care accordingly.
- Ensure patients are fully prepared for theatre, including completion of all necessary investigations.
- Assist in managing the National Hip Fracture Database.
- Act as a focal point for communication and information sharing across the multi-professional groups.
- Link with other Trusts to provide seamless transfer of care both to and from the Trust.
- NMC registration
- Current experience in trauma & orthopaedic nursing
- Experience of clinical governance practices and audit
- Evidence of effective team work as part of a multi-disciplinary professional team.
- Experience of involvement in successful change management
- Evidence of workplace teaching/facilitating
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience of management ability and leadership
- Demonstrates a desire to explore new ways of delivering services
Royal Berkshire NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Royal Berkshire Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.