We are welcoming applications from all bands of registered physiotherapists as we have several vacancies available.
Are you interested in specialising in Respiratory care? We are looking for physiotherapists who are good team players, have a flexible attitude and excellent skills of communication and prioritisation.
Main clinical duties will be Pulmonary Rehabilitation, airway clearance, physiotherapy interventions to support hospital discharge/admission avoidance, and enablement of self-management. Depending on service demands, you may also develop specialist skills in oxygen assessment and rapid response triage. All aspects will be underpinned by excellent MDT working.
A band 5 to 6 developmental post would be considered but you will be expected to have 2 years post-graduate NHS experience.
In addition to the above, a band 6 role would be expected to take on leadership in selected aspects of the service and provide support for junior colleagues.
In addition to the above, a band 7 role applicant would need to have NHS leadership experience and be expected to take on a clinical leadership role in the service.
We will provide you with support to enable you to become a highly confident autonomous respiratory specialist, working for the main goal of improving care for respiratory patients in Brighton and Hove.
The service is 7 days/week 8am-8pm, but it may be possible to negotiate a working pattern that is suitable for you (including a no evening or weekend option).Main duties of the job
Assess patients and identify and negotiate areas of self-management that they are able to engage in.
Appropriately treat patients who may be significantly unwell, and escalate treatment as appropriate.
Identify appropriate physiotherapy interventions that will be clinically effective for respiratory patients. This may include use of adjunctive therapeutic aids.
Have efficient and effective daily management of a caseload, prioritising clinical work and balancing other related and professional activities in accordance with departmental standards.
S upport the leadership, delivery and development of the Pulmonary Rehabilitation Programme within CRS. To include: taking a lead within sessions, performing assessments, delivering the educational component, completion of appropriate outcome measures and audit.
Following appropriate training, complete oxygen assessments and prescription in line with line with clinical guideline and local pathways.
Mentorjunior colleagues and disseminate a specialist level of knowledge about physiotherapy interventions for respiratory conditions.
Car driver with car available for work is essential.About us
Sussex Community NHS Foundation Trust (SCFT) is the largest community healthcare provider in Sussex.
- Over 8,400 full time, part time and bank staff members
- Medical, nursing and therapeutic care provided to over 10,000 children and adults a day
- July 2018 Care Quality Commission (CQC) rating of 'Good' with 'Outstanding' features
- Flexible working patterns offered across all services
- Thriving BAME, Disability and Wellbeing, LGBT+ and Religion and Belief staff networks
- Accredited Level 3 Disability Confident Leader
SCFT is an inclusive employer that promotes equality and challenges discrimination, and welcomes applications from people of all backgrounds. Applications from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates, disabled candidates and LGBT+ candidates are particularly encouraged, to ensure the Trust's workforce reflects the diverse communities it serves.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
To undertake advanced specialist skills to assess the physical and psycho-social needs of people with complex and/or chronic presentations. Use clinical reasoning skills to determine treatment plans and maintain records as an autonomous practitioner.
To support the team leads with service development including audit and implementation of relevant policies, protocols and care pathways based on current evidence based guidelines.
To implement clinical guidelines and evidence into daily practice and contribute to the professional development of other staff by completing appraisals and supervision.
Identify and participate in opportunities and cross-professional training and organisation of service to patients / carers.
To maintain Continuous Professional Development (CPD) and incorporate into your work including active participation in the supervision process.
Assist the senior clinicians and Clinical Lead to maintain continuity of care and deputising when appropriate.
To provide specialist advice to other professionals both within the Trust and outside agencies, and to be able to effectively liaise with families and carers.
Ensuring accidents, incidents or complaints arising in the team are reported and recorded following agreed procedures.
To work flexibly and in a way that is responsive to contemporary pressures, both globally and within the NHS.Person SpecificationEssential and desirableEssential
- Degree/diploma in physiotherapy
- Health Professional Council registration
- Up to date CPD portfolio
- Relevant post-graduate training
- Significant relevant postgraduate experience
- Experience of working in MDT
- Broad based clinical experience
- Good understanding of/involvememnt in service development
- Experience of working with respiratory patients
- Previous NHS experience (1 year+)
Skills and knowledgeEssential
- Experience of providing supervision
- Experience/understanding of working in an integrated environment
- Sound clinical knowledge base
- Ability to demonstrate a holistic approach to client needs
- Ability to review and evalaute own skills and intervention
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven caseload/time management skills
- Demonstrats flexible approach to team working/patient care
- Experience/participation in audit and/or research methodologies
- Car driver and vehicle available for work purposes
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Understanding of the range of health and social care facilities available in the locality
Sussex Community NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Brighton General Hospital
Brighton and Hove
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.