Through expansion, we are able to offer this exciting opportunity to join our existing Clinical Endoscopist Team.
The role of CE provides the opportunity for an experienced and highly motivated individual to deliver a professional CE service. Working on our busy Endoscopy unit with 6 scope rooms, you will ensure endoscopy is delivered in line with best practice with an excellent patient experience at the heart of what we do. There will be opportunity to enhance and develop your knowledge and endoscopy skills with full support from the wider team. Blackpool Teaching Hospitals is now part of the Northwest Training Academy. Yes are a forward thinking and developing unit.Main duties of the job
The post holder will be expected to deliver an endoscopic service carrying out gastroscopy, sigmoidoscopy and colonoscopy procedures to a JAG accredited standard. You must demonstrate specific skills in disorders of the GI tract, including diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopic techniques and subsequent management and follow up of your caseload.
The post holder will act as an excellent clinical role model and work to continuously improve clinical care standards in line with the clinical governance framework, assisting the Senior Sisters and Lead Nurse to coordinate aspects of audit in relation to both local and national criteria set for the development of Endoscopy Units including JAG and GRS requirements.About us
We are a busy JAG accredited Unit undertaking diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopy. This includes Colonoscopy, Sigmoidoscopy, Capsule Endoscopy, ERCP, Bronchoscopy, EBUS, EUS, and Enteroscopy. We also perform Therapeutic and Palliative stenting PEG, NJ insertion, In-patient endoscopy, GA Endoscopy and 24 hour 7 days a week GI Bleeds service. Through investment we now have 6 working endoscopy rooms that deliver to our patients.. We will soon expand our in-session TNE capacity to a dedicated TNE service. We are a forward-thinking evolving service and due to a near complete refurbishment and expansion of service we are looking to recruit 3 more CE to our team. This is an exciting time to join Endoscopy, you will be part of a large established team of committed professionals who are proud to deliver the very best care to all patients that need the services of the unit. Successful applicants will become part of an inclusive team with an ethos of civility, kindness and respect. We encourage learning from excellence in an environment that embraces individuals freedom to speak up in a listening environment. We work hard and support hard and believe that a happy workforce will deliver the very best care to our patients. If you would like to join our team we welcome questions and visits before you submit your application. This will enable you to get more understanding of this highly rewarding role and the opportunities within it.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
The full job description is available in the relevant section for you to read.
We would encourage applicants to make contact with us to view our refurbished Unit, meet the team and ask any questions regarding the role.Person SpecificationSkills and experienceEssential
- To be a JAG accredited trainer for Endoscopy
- To independently undertake diagnostic upper and therapeutic lower gastrointestinal endoscopy on sedated and non-sedated patients
- Work autonomously without clinical supervision to undertake invasive diagnostic flexible sigmoidoscopy, colonoscopy and Upper GI endoscopy.
- To have had experience of teaching large groups of people To have participated as endoscopist in the Bowel Cancer Screening Programme Work autonomously without clinical supervision to undertake therapeutic endoscopic procedures to include opolypectomy and diathermy, otattooing of mucosa with marking ink olifting sessile polyps & lt 1cm oInjection Therapy oPEG insertion: endoscopic assistant only
- You will experienced and highly motivated individual to deliver a professional CE service
necessary skillsEssential Desirable
- You will be able to undertake TNE Endoscopy
- Experience of presenting and analysing audits
- Experience of working in a large MDT
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience of managing change in endoscopy services
Blackpool Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Blackpool Teaching Hospitals
Whinney Heys Road
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.