Main duties of the job
- To utilise the full skills of a midwife as laid down in the World Health's Organisations definition of a midwife to ensure individualised care for women and families.
- To be responsible for the management of individualised care to a defined group of mothers and babies by using the assessing, planning and implementing and evaluating process within the multi-disciplinary framework.
- To develop with colleagues new practice initiatives that are evidenced based ensuring a first class quality service.
- To develop and maintain good working relationships with colleagues and attend and lead meetings whist promoting a positive team spirit.
- Develop excellent leadership / managerial skills to ensure a dynamic and innovative approach to team building / performance.
- To make efficient and effective use of resources with regular review of personal and service objectives ensuring personal annual appraisal and supervisor of midwives review are performed.
- To maintain a safe working environment in accordance with risk management and statutory guidelines reporting and acting on all accidents and incidents whilst maintaining accurate records.
- To develop an interest or take a lead role in a specific area of practice and share the knowledge and skills gained with other members of staff.
- Adhere to the NMC The Midwives Rules and Standards and Code of Professional Conduct.
We are on an improvement journey and we know that our staff are key to this progress. Our latest staff friends and family test tells us that we are making really big improvements on achieving 'Great Place to Work' - and we would welcome you to be a part of this.
We are offering positions at our Ashford site. Posts are rotational between the Labour Ward and the post/antenatal wards.About us
We are one of the largest hospital trusts in England, with five hospitals and community clinics serving a local population of around 800,000 people.
Our vision is 'great healthcare from great people'. Everything we do is guided by our values: 'People feel cared for, safe, respected and confident that we are making a difference'.
We have a new way of working at East Kent Hospitals, called 'We care'. It's about empowering frontline staff to lead improvements day-to-day. We're looking for compassionate people to be part of our improvement journey for the patients, families and carers we care for every day.
Applications for this role should be written by the applicant. If artificial intelligence (AI) programmes are used then the application may be rejected due to this document being an important part of the assessment process. This does not prevent applicants seeking appropriate support with applications should they need to for the purposes of any declared disability.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please scroll down to access the full Job Description and Person Specification located in 'supporting documents'.Person SpecificationSkillsEssential Desirable
- demonstrates advanced skills
- Practice Assessor/Supervisor
- demonstrates knowledge of national picture
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Demonstrates knowledge of local challenges
East Kent Hospitals University NHS Foundation TrustAddress
William Harvey Hospital
kennington Road, Ashford, Kent, TN24 0LZ
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.