York and Scarborough Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust is on the look-out for talented, caring, enthusiastic staff nurses to join our Nurse Bank.
Not only do you get the opportunity to expand and develop your skills in different clinical areas, you also have the option to work across the Trust at our hospitals in York, Scarborough, Bridlington, Selby and Easingwold, as well as our wider community teams.
You are required to hold a professional NMC registration to join the Bank.
For information about joining the bank in a different role please contact the bank office on 01723 385080.
Please note that all workers on a bank contract are required to meet a minimum number of hours in order to keep their bank contract active. The current requirements are 45 hours worked in a six month period, this is an average of one shift per month.
On the Bank we can accommodate long lines of work i.e. block bookings and we can look to specific area's to support bank Staff Nurses in expanding their knowledge and experiences.Main duties of the job
- Maintain a high standard of patient focused care in accordance with York and Scarborough Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust policies and procedures
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment
- Provide assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of nursing care for patients, ensuring accurate written records are kept.
- Communicate with patients and carers to ensure they have access to appropriate information.
- Promote and maintain positive relationships between all staff involved in the care of the patient
- Act in accordance with the Nursing and Midwifery Council Code of Conduct
- Undertake duties on different wards/departments as and when required by service demands
- Demonstrate personal responsibility for compliance with infection control policies and procedures
- Education and Training
We offer a range of benefits to support our staff including:
- Access to the NHS Pension Scheme, providing generous benefits upon retirement, as well as a lump sum and pension for dependants
- Confidential advice and support on personal, work, family and relationship issues, 24/7, from our Employee Assistance Programme
- An extensive range of learning and development opportunities
- Discounts on restaurants, getaways, shopping, motoring, cinema and finance from a range of providers
For further information on the fantastic range of benefits we offer please visit the Trust's dedicated Staff Benefits pages.Job descriptionJob responsibilities For more information please see the job description attached Armed Forces Friendly Employer
We are holders of the Gold Award from the Defence Employer Recognition Scheme, which is helping actively promote SaBRE - Supporting Britains Reservists and Employers. This means that York Teaching Hospital has provided its statement of intent to support all Defence personnel and we welcome their application to work for us. Disability Confident and Mindful Employer
The Trust is committed to meeting the needs of employees and applicants with a disability or mental health condition. Our support for these schemes includes encouraging applications from people who are disabled or have a mental health condition, offering adjustments to make our application process accessible.Person SpecificationPractical SkillsEssential
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload
- Understanding of skills and knowledge required to develop team members
- Willing to undergo training as necessary
- Ability to demonstrate and explain skills to other staff
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Current issues in health care Standards of Professional Practice
York and Scarborough Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
York and Scarborough Teaching Hospitals
Wigginton Road, Clifton, York
York and Scarborough
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.