Main duties of the job
- The post holder will work as part of a team to provide a safe, effective, efficient care environment for patients, relatives and carers. They will be responsible for the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of programmes of care under indirect supervision from senior staff. They are expected to be able to demonstrate procedures and supervise unqualified staff, and work without direct supervision once the key learning outcomes of the foundation programme are complete.
- Employees should honour the Trust's Core Values by demonstrating appropriate behaviours and encouraging this in others.
- Adhere the NMC Code at all times
- Employees should demonstrate commitment to quality patient care through effective team working
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a dynamic Staff Nurse to join our Plastics and General Outpatients Team. The post holder will have a passion for wound care and will work in our Nurse led Plastics Dressing Clinic with post op plastic surgery patients including Breast reconstruction, skin, hands and lower limb trauma.
The post holder will also work in and run Outpatients clinics in all specialities including hands, Breast, skin, cardiology, ENT, Rheumatology and Vascular.
Previous experience in this role is not necessary as training will be given to the right applicant.About us
Queen Victoria Hospital is a specialist NHS hospital providing life-changing reconstructive surgery, burns care and rehabilitation services for people who have been damaged or disfigured through accidents or disease.
Our world-leading clinical teams provide specialist surgery and non-surgical treatment for people across the south east and beyond. We specialise in conditions of the hands and eyes, head and neck cancer and skin cancer, reconstructive breast surgery, maxillofacial surgery and prosthetics.
In addition, the people of East Grinstead and the surrounding area benefit from our expert clinicians treating more common conditions in our areas of specialism. We also provide a minor injuries unit, therapies services and a sleep service.
We are a centre of excellence, with an international reputation for pioneering advanced techniques and treatments.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Person SpecificationNMC Registered NurseEssential Dressing experienceDesirable
- Carry out a full range of registered nurse duties, including assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of the patients condition and care with support from the nurse in charge. Maintain the privacy and dignity of all patients whilst adhering to Trust and department policies, reporting any difficulties with these duties to senior staff.
- Work without direct supervision once key learning outcomes of the induction/ foundation or preceptorship programme have been completed.
- Monitor all patient care and treatment, maintaining high standards and quality at all times.
- Prioritise nursing care, recognise deterioration in a patients condition and alert senior staff immediately.
- Maintain accurate, contemporaneous and legible written records of care.
- Use effective communication, written and verbal with all levels of staff including the multidisciplinary team, patients and relatives.
- Foster good relationships with other departments, the multidisciplinary team and visitors to the unit. Help to achieve and maintain morale for both staff and patients.
- Participate in the health education and explanation of treatment to patients and relatives.
- previous experience or desire to advance
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Has outpatient experience
Queen Victoria Hospital NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Queen Victoria Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.