This is an exciting and rare opportunity for an experienced and motivated Occupational Health Specialist Nurse to join the team and help to provide clinical service provision. In addition to OH nursing, our multi-disciplinary team includes occupational physicians, an occupational therapist, occupational physiotherapist and we work closely with STH's staff physiotherapy and psychology services, and a wider Health & Wellbeing team in STH.
We are looking for a committed and enthusiastic nurse, who is passionate about occupational health and providing and delivering a high quality service that meets the needs of the clients.Main duties of the job
The post holder will:
- Provide effective day to day professional advice across the service
- Provide the highest standard of clinical care, ensuring that all clinical standards are met and where necessary taking appropriate corrective action.
- To lead on a substantial client contract
- Provide a visible, accessible and knowledgeable presence in the service to whom service users and managers can turn for assistance, advice and support.
You will be working for an organisation which values and respects all of its staff and the community it serves. The Trust is a leader in the NHS and research sectors and provides excellent benefits for its staff. This includes commitments to professional development but also many policies to support employees in balancing their personal and professional lives.
Sheffield Occupational Health Service is proud to be a business unit of Sheffield Teaching Hospitals (STH), one of the UK's busiest and most successful NHS foundation trusts.
We provide a comprehensive service to Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, other NHS Trusts within South Yorkshire, Private hospitals, the primary care workforce in Sheffield and Rotherham, and to the health care students in both Universities in the city, a total patient population approximately 40,000. We also provide services to other employers on a limited or ad hoc basis, covering a wide range of local industries from foundry work to schools. We provide Consultant Occupational Physician input to a number of neighbouring NHS OH services. Please note this advertisement is for both full time and part time opportunities.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesPlease view the attached Job Description and Person Specification documents for full details regarding this post. When completing your application please ensure that you clearly demonstrate how you meet the role criteria.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- RGN qualified
- Registered Specialist Community Public Health Nurse, with Specialist Practitioner Occupational Health
- NMC part 3 registration
- Experience of sickness absence and case management
- Experience of Health surveillance and outbreak management
- Experience of supervising and motivating staff
- A clear understanding of the major OH issues affecting the NHS
- Experience of developing and implementing National Guidance/Health and Safety Policy into Occupational Health Policy and procedure
- European Computer Driving Licence or equivalent IT experience
- Previous experience of Occupational Health Nursing in the NHS
- First line management experience
- Car owner/driver
- IOSH or NEBOSH qualification
- Experience in developing evidence based practice
- Experience of working with external client contracts
- Experience of gathering data and producing reports
Desirable Special Skills/AptitudesEssential
- Willingness to undertake any further training/development as identified in annual appraisal
Desirable Other FactorsEssential
- Excellent communication skills - written and verbal
- Experience of supervising and mentoring staff
- Experience of trend analysis
- Shows sensitivity to the needs of others
- Able to build credibility quickly and to work with all grades of staff within the Trust
- Ability to demonstrate innovative thinking in problem resolution
- Ability to work proactively in dealing with service delivery
- Strives for continuous improvement in areas of personal and service development
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Flexibility to work from different sites
Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Northern General Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.