Consultant Psychiatrist - General Adult Inpatient Psychiatry, Whalley (10PA)
*RRP payment Payable
* This post will attract a Recruitment & Retention Premia for 3 years as follows: 20% of basic salary in the first 12 months 15% of basic salary in the second 12 months 10% of basic salary in the third 12 months
Eligibility criteria do apply. Please note that staff currently employed by the Trust would not be eligible to apply for this recruitment and retention premia.
We are really excited to launch the recruitment process for these BRAND NEW
posts which have been introduced in preparation for the opening of the Whalley Inpatient Unit later this year. The Trust is seeking two substantive, full time Consultant Psychiatrists to join the General Adult Psychiatry team in Pennine Lancashire. The wards at Whalley will provide inpatient treatment for patients with moderate and severe mental health difficulties. The post holders will carry no responsibility for outpatient work.
You will be expected to participate on the Consultant On Call rota, for which additional remuneration will be paid.Main duties of the job
The Whalley site will comprise of two acute 12 bed wards and an 8 bed Psychiatric Intensive Care Unit in the well-known village of Whalley, in the Ribble Valley in Lancashire. 2 Consultants will work across the unit, each most likely taking responsibility for a 12 bedded acute ward and half of the PICU patients. The Consultant will provide Medical Leadership to the inpatient MDT and will work with a Specialty Doctor and Junior Doctors. The Multi-disciplinary Team will be made up of the Mental Health Nursing team, Pharmacists, Psychologists and Occupational Therapists with input from Social Workers from the relevant Local Authority.
Applicants should hold full GMC registration and be included on the Specialist register of the GMC or they should be eligible for entry to the Specialist Register within 6 months of the interview date.
It is a requirement that applicants are Section 12 Approved at the time of commencing employment and have or are eligible to have Approved Clinician Status. Remuneration will be as set out in the terms of the New Consultant Contract according to previous experience.About us
- At least 2.5 SPAs as standard for a full time post (we would be flexible in looking at enhancements to support other activities that support the wider ambitions of the Trust).
- Excellent peer support group
- Opportunities to be a clinical supervisor
- Study leave budget of �3000 over 3 years or up to �5000 over 3 years for newly qualified Consultants
- Relocation package available.
At our Trust, we're really keen to develop our Consultant workforce and nurture their areas of interest in a flexible way where possible. Come and have a chat with us about what your special interest or development area and build a suitable job plan with us.
We also have an extremely active Medical Education department and support our Consultants in becoming Clinical & Educational Supervisors and nurturing their interests in this area.
Check out our twitter accounts for examples of some exciting things we are working on via @LSCFTMedics and @LSCFTMedEdJob descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see the attached Job Description and Person Specification for further details about this post.
The Job Description was approved by the Royal College of Psychiatrists on 23 March 2023.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- MBBS or equivalent
- Full GMC registration and Licence to Practise
- On GMC Specialist Register or within 6 months
- Section 12 approved or within 3 months
- AC status or within 3 months
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Knowledge, skills and experience appropriate to this role
Lancashire & South Cumbria NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Whalley Inpatient Unit
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.