Are you an experienced inpatient nurse?
Do you have life experience?
Do you consider yourself to be emotionally resilient?
Are you caring, compassionate, flexible and have excellent communication skills?
An exciting opportunity has arisen for band 6 Senior Clinical Nurse on Heys Court.
Working on Heys Court is a dynamic environment, with a hard-working and dedicated family of staff who strive to provide consistent, high standards of care to the diverse client base that we care for.
The range of skills you can learn and develop while working on the Ward is wide and varied, working in this environment can encourage you to become a dynamic, creative and strong leader as well provide you with the ability to think on your feet, problem solve.
If you think you have what it takes we would love to hear from you!Main duties of the job
Can you demonstrate the values of our Trust, Continuous Improvement, Accountability, Respect and Enthusiasm?
If so look at the opportunity below......
We are looking to recruit band 6 Senior Clinical Nurse to Heys Court.
Ensuring the delivery of high standard of care to Service Users, providing support, supervision and education for colleagues, other professionals and students.
You will be required to provide clinical advice, expertise and leadership to Ward Staff. You will be required to liaise with other professionals and support the Ward Manager in developing the team and acting up as required.About us
Mersey Care is one of the largest trusts providing physical health and mental health services in the North West, serving more than 11 million people.
We offer specialist inpatient and community services that support physical and mental health and specialist inpatient mental health, learning disability, addiction and brain injury services. Mersey Care is one of only three trusts in the UK that offer high secure mental health facilities.
At the heart of all we do is our commitment to 'perfect care' - care that is safe, effective, positively experienced, timely, equitable and efficient. We support our staff to do the best job they can and work alongside service users, their families, and carers to design and develop future services together. We're currently delivering a programme of organisational and service transformation to significantly improve the quality of the services we provide and safely reduce cost as we do so.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see attached Job Description and Person Specification for more details or required skills, duties and responsibilities for this post.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Registered Mental Health Nurse.
- Evidence of post registration study / continuing professional development
- Relevant experience at band 5 or above.
- Evidence of experience of working with people with mental health problems in a variety of health care settings.
- Proven experience of leadership and management
- Able to communicate effectively both verbally and non-verbally.
- Possess excellent listening and negotiation skills.
- Knowledge of relevant Mental Health legislation.
- Knowledge of Mental Health Nursing interventions.
- Knowledge of clinical risk and Health & Safety Management.
- Demonstrate knowledge of NMC guidelines.
- Ability to work as a member of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Demonstrate knowledge in the concepts of mentorship, preceptorship and supervision and ability to provide education and supervision to qualified and unqualified staff.
- Demonstrate a good knowledge of the Code of Conduct and the nurses' responsibility to identify gaps in their knowledge base.
- Ability to assist in the process of standard setting and audit.
- Computer literate.
- Clinical Leadership skills.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Professional attitude.
- Ability to contribute to developing nursing excellence within the ward area.
- On going post-registration development.
Mersey Care NHS Foundation TrustAddress
18 Woolton Road
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.