An exciting opportunity has arisen for a maternity cover for a Perinatal Nurse.
This post would suit someone who is an experienced practitioner in the field of mental health. We are looking for a dynamic, enthusiastic and motivated individual with a strong interest in the perinatal field .Main duties of the job
The post-holder will be working with pregnant service-users in the antenatal and post-natal period who present with complexity and significant levels of risk. They will be working with the wider systems such as Mother and Baby Units, Maternity Services, Universal services, Childrens Social Care and Secondary mental health services (including family and carers, and working with patients who frequently present to crisis services)
The post holder will be undertaking initial assessments and reviews and be able to manage a caseload of women within a clinic setting, as well as some home visiting.
The role would suit someone who is passionate about working within a Multi-disciplinary consisting of Perinatal Consultant Psychiatrist, experienced psychotherapists, perinatal community mental health practitioners, occupational therapist, nursery nurses and excellent team secretaries/ administrators.About us
We continue to encourage all staff to ensure that they have been double vaccinated and received their booster. We recognise that taking the vaccine provides the best defence against COVID 19 for our patients, our staff and their families.
This post will be subject to a probationary period. Internal applicants are exempt from the probationary period (unless you are an internal applicant currently part way through a probationary period or currently a bank member of staff).
Starting with NELFT
NELFT place a great deal of importance on new starters being properly welcomed and inducted into the Trust. All new starters will join the Trust on the first Monday of each month and will undertake a comprehensive induction of up to two weeks which will include mandatory training, systems training and the allocation of equipment. As part of the process new starters will have the opportunity to also meet the executive team, senior managers and attend a number of drop in sessions focusing in engagement, health and wellbeing and key processes. The induction will be held at our head office in Rainham, Essex.
High Cost Area Supplement - London
This post also attracts payment for High Cost Area Supplement of 15% of the basic salary (minimum payment of �4,313 and a maximum payment of �5,436 per annum pro rata).Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please refer to the attached job description and person specification for further details on this vacancy.Person SpecificationGeneric A.C.Essential
- RMN, Bsc OT, BSW (qualified RMN, OT, Social worker)
- Evidence of practice educator/mentor qualification
- Skills to promote the empowerment & education of service users in relation to their holistic health
- Competent in IT and ability to use electronic patient records
- Excellent organisational and clinical skills
- Knowledge of evidence based practice and current developments in Perinatal mental health
- Knowledge about mental illness in the Perinatal period
- Knowledge and understanding of diversity and equality issues and their application in Perinatal mental health services
- Understanding of issues around information-sharing in relation to child protection and children in need
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience of working in the community as a qualified practitioner
- Experience of managing a caseload of service users with evidence of completing high quality assessments
- Experience of working in a complex multi-disciplinary/ multi-agency context
- Experience of undertaking complex mental state, risk and needs assessments, and risk management strategies and their application to practice
NELFT North East London Foundation TrustAddress
Barley Court, Barley Lane
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.