The post holder will deliver a high quality, comprehensive mental health service for children and young people with serious and enduring mental health difficulties. The role involves managing a defined caseload with a focus on working with children and young people and their families who experience a complex range of needs and difficulties. The post holder will provide assessments and interventions for CYP as part of the MDT. They will complement the multi-disciplinary working of the team, providing supervision for other team members, as agreed with the Team lead. They will participate in team and service development and evaluation. Liaison, advice and consultation with a wide range of agencies are central to the role.Main duties of the job
- The assessment of need and delivery of safe and effective interventions for CYP and managing complex risks, in accordance with recognised clinical guidance.
- Managing and co-ordinating a caseload of CYP with complex MH needs including prescribing and sharing skills within the Multi-Disciplinary Team (MDT).
- Supporting and providing clinical leadership on the development of the NMP function within the team.
- Working as part of the MDT and in an integrated way with wider teams and services to meet the needs of the CYP & Families.
- Offering advice, support and supervision to other healthcare professionals including actual and supervisory prescribing.
By joining Team MPFT, you will be helping your communities and in return for this, we will support you by
Supporting your career development and progression.
Excellent NHS Pension scheme
Generous maternity, paternity, adoption leave
Options for flexible working
Up to 27 days annual leave (increasing with service up to 33 days) and the opportunity to purchase additional annual leave.
Extensive Health and Wellbeing support and resources
If you work in our community teams, we pay for your time travelling between patients.
Lease car if you complete more than 500 business miles per annum, fully insured and maintained (including tyres), mileage paid at lease car rate
Salary sacrifice car - fully insured and maintained (including tyres), your gross pay is reduced by the cost of the vehicle before tax, NI and pension deductions are calculated, mileage paid at business rates
Salary sacrifice bikes up to �2k
Free car parking at all trust sites
Free flu vaccination every year
Citizens Advice support linked with a Hardship Fund for one off additional support up to �250 (if the criteria is met)
And more. We are proud to be a diverse and inclusive organisation and there is a choice of staff networks that help you meet like-minded people.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see the attached Job Description and Person Specification for more information about the role.Person SpecificationQualifications and TrainingEssential
- Registered Mental Health Nurse Trained to degree level or equivalent
- Registered on appropriate parts of NMC register
- Additional qualification in Child & Adolescent Mental Health
- Non-medical prescriber
- Evidence of extensive post registration experience with working with those who may experience complex mental health needs in the community setting
- Experience of integrating care delivery across multi-disciplinary /multi agency teams
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience of working in a CAMHS, crisis or community setting.
- Experience of working with clients at risk of admission.
Midlands Partnership NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Crooked Bridge Road, St George's Parkway
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.