We are looking to recruit a Band 6 Mental Health Practitioner who has an enthusiasm for and passion to work within the Urgent Care Pathway within Mental Health Services.
The Band 6 practitioner will have the opportunity to consolidate their skills in mental health and who are keen to develop the specialist skills needed within the Urgent Care Pathway.
The Mental Health Liaison Team is a dedicated team of professionals providing comprehensive and holistic assessments for patients within the Acute Trust hospital from 16 years and over . 37.5 hours 7 days, 24 hour cover including nights Main duties of the job
This exciting opportunity will allow the successful Practitioner to develop within a very friendly, supportive Team, consolidating and expanding all clinical skills working with the diverse population within the Fylde Coast. The successful candidate will also be supported and encouraged to further develop on courses such as NMP, specialist MHL training, opportunities to top up to degree level, amongst a multitude of other service specific in house training opportunities.
Within the Mental Health Liaison Team we work collaboratively as a team, displaying core team and trust values ensuring all aspects of a patients care is thorough and completed to an exceptionally high standard.About us
The �7k Welcome Bonus package applies to this role. The bonus is only available for people who are not currently employed (or who have not been employed in the last 12 months) by any NHS provider trust in the Lancashire & South Cumbria Integrated Care System in a like-for-like role e.g. a Band 6 Registered Mental Health Nurse at another Trust in the LSC ICS would not be eligible for the bonus if moving to a Band 6 Registered Mental Health Nurse role at LSCFT. Bank only workers for Lancashire and South Cumbria NHS Foundation Trust are eligible for the scheme if they have not held a substantive role in Lancashire & South Cumbria Integrated Care System in the last 12 months (subject to all other terms and conditions being met). These incentives are subject to recovery clauses within the first 24 months of employment. This bonus is applicable to any successful candidate whose interview for this role is conducted prior to 30th November 2023.
The �7k Welcome Bonus package is designed to attract and retain the very best staff in post. The amount a new starter would receive is shown in the Welcome Bonus Payment Schedule below:
- �3,000 after 2 months of employment (counted from start date with LSCFT)
- �2,000 after 12 months
- �2,000 after 24 months
Subject to a Repayment Clause should the post holder leave this role within 24 months of commencing employment. Please ensure you carefully read the attached document 'Welcome Bonus Repayment Terms & Conditions' for details.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see attached the job description and person specification for more information about this role.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Registered Nurse (Mental Health) - current NMC Registration or equivalent professional health care qualification
- Evidence of professional updating and development in the care of patients in an acute or community setting.
- Diploma in Professional Studies (Nursing) - or equivalent
- Extensive knowledge of the various approaches to mental health assessment.
- Knowledge of key areas of liaison psychiatric practice, including the psychological effects of physical illness.
- Knowledge of psychiatric interventions with patients in an acute phase of mental illness/distress.
- Knowledge of risk assessment and management, particularly in relation to suicide.
Skills & AbilitiesEssential
- Previous years post-registration mental health experience.
- Involvement in innovative practice and multi-cultural environments
- Skills in assessing, planning and evaluating mental health interventions.
- Skills in interacting therapeutically with distressed and/or disturbed individuals.
- Skills in individual interventions.
- Skills in teaching, supervision and self-appraisal.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to assimilate new concepts and approaches to care.
- Ability to respond positively to constructive criticism.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- A problem-solving approach to professional practice.
Lancashire & South Cumbria NHS Foundation TrustAddress
A& E Liaison Fylde Coast
Blackpool Victoria Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.