We are looking for motivated registered practitioners to join our developing Integrated offender Health service, The service is delivered in partnership provided by Midlands Partnership NHS Foundation Trust (MPFT) and North Staffordshire Combined Healthcare NHS Trust (NSCHT) that brings together the following existing services into a single integrated offer:
Main duties of the job
- Liaison & Diversion - assesses vulnerable individuals with complex needs being brought into the criminal justice system, having been accused of criminal activity including but not limited to support with mental health or a learning disability, alcohol or substance misuse, homelessness, financial needs or social difficulties.
- Mental Health Treatment Requirements - Supports the mental health and wellbeing through access to primary level psychological treatments as a sentencing option to address potential contributory factors to someone's offending
- RECONNECT - seeks to improve the continuity of care of vulnerable people leaving prison by working with them before they leave and supporting their transition to community-based services.
Those who come into contact with the criminal justice system are far more likely to have unmet health and social care needs than the general population. By understanding and addressing those needs, we can reduce reoffending and help our service users on their recovery journey. The role is primarily will be based within the Liaison and Diversion pathway working within busy custody and magistrates court environments. You will offer trauma informed screenings and assessments of those in contact with the Criminal Justice System (CJS) in order to make recommendations to allow that individual to engage with the CJS process, support CJS agencies in making informed decisions about that individual, ensure the flow of information between appropriate agencies and signpost/ make referrals to address any unmet needs.About us
Our Trust is on an incredible journey of innovation and we'd like you to be part of it.
Our vision is 'To be Outstanding in all we do and how we do it.' Our teams pride themselves on compassion, team work and resilience. The Trust supports you by offering a flexible shift system including twilight shifts and compressed hours to support working families and our staff parking is free on all our main sites.
As an employee and representative of the Trust, you are required to demonstrate and uphold the Trust's Values. These are: Proud to CARE: Compassionate
Caring with compassion, it's about how we listen, what we say, what we do. Approachable
Friendly, welcoming, sharing ideas and being open Responsible
Taking personal and collective responsibility, being accountable for our actions Excellent
Striving for the best, for high-quality safe care and continually improvingJob descriptionJob responsibilities
Strong engagement, assessment and risk management skills are essential as well as the ability to engage and form strong relationships with partner agencies. Team service operates from 8am 8pm 7 days a week, so duties would include weekend working and the opportunities of long days. Police custody can be a very busy and dynamic environment requiring calm risk informed decision making skills.
Job offer would be subject to enhanced police vetting.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- A relevant Nursing or Allied Health Professional (e.g. Occupational Therapy/Social Work) degree / diploma level qualification or equivalent
- Valid Registration with the relevant governing body for the profession and conforms with the requirements.
- Experience of working with a range of vulnerabilities which may include mental health, physical health, learning disabilities, abuse, addiction and social issues.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Awareness of harassment, social exclusion issues and the effects of person and institutional discrimination
- Skills in assessing, planning and evaluating mental health care/treatment interventions
North Staffordshire Combined Healthcare TrustAddress
The Hope Centre
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.