To be part of a team providing complete, accurate and timely Informatics to support performance, research and education. The Informatics Business Partner will lead a team of analysts to provide a comprehensive analytics service to one of the Trust's clinical directorates or the corporate directorate.
This will include business planning, demand and capacity modelling, income support, data quality and mandatory reporting. The postholder will work collaboratively with senior stakeholders/customers to ensure the Clinical/Corporate Directorate's analytical needs are met. The Informatics Business Partner reports to the Requirements & Assurance Manager and may deputise in his/her absence.
The postholder will be expected to work with a high degree of professional confidence and autonomy.
Career Progression pathways and development opportunities:
We are committed to get the very best out of our staff and support staff in their career aspirations. We have career pathways available, where you will be able to develop your skills and build on your experience to progress into other roles across different specialties. For this role, we offer career pathways toSenior Management roles
. In addition, we offer ongoing training and development inMicrosoft Azure accreditations, including machine learning and predictive analytics, British Computer Society Training.Main duties of the job
Day-to-day you will be responsible for working within the team and with relevant stakeholders to design, create and improve new and existing reports and dashboards across the trust. Every report and dashboard will require documentation to support specification and design. You will be expected to engage with stakeholders at all levels to determine requirements and gain approval and sign off same.
You will also be expected to facilitate user acceptance testing and sign off and act as a conduit for communication and feedback between the BI delivery team and the end user.About usAbout the team:
The informatics team is split into two areas, data delivery and requirements & engagement. These teams work together to deliver against our service model to the organisation.
We work in an environment of collaboration, and whilst we endeavour to deliver information in a right the first-time environment, we have also created the space for teams and individuals to test out new technologies or interest projects within ring-fenced time - often in collaboration with external consultancies who support and encourage learning within the team. Flexible working:
As one of the few Trusts in London we are proud to offer flexible working as part of our new ways of working, and we are happy to talk flexible working at the interview stage. In this role you will be able to workMonday to Friday
in the time frames from08:00to18:00
, giving you the very best of good work life balance. About the location:
The Digital Services Informatics team is based at Jeanette Wallet House,in-betweenBromley and Croydon (BR3 3BX- free parking is available on site)
Our Trust headquarters is located at Denmark Hill less than 5 minutes from the train station (zone 2). We also provide services and operate across other locations, such as London boroughs of Croydon, Lambeth, Lewisham and Southwark and substance misuse services for residents of Bexley, Lambeth, Greenwich and Wandsworth.Job descriptionJob responsibilities Assist senior managers and key stakeholders in defining and prioritising requests for reports and dashboards Provide analytical expertise to a Clinical Delivery Service (CDS) including reporting, analysis, insight for development and delivery of CDS plans, triangulation of activity with workforce, finance, performance, and quality information. Support the delivery of the data strategy and data quality strategy of the services responsible for the Trust Ensure business requirements / user stories are captured and understood and are aligned with the trust strategy Utilise a variety of techniques to understand, document and confirm business requirements. Responsible for the technical definition of all information requests ensuring alignment to national strategies, regulatory requirements and local Trust requirements. Translate complex aims and needs into clear and manageable plans and determine resource requirements to support product development and maintenance Ensure that requirements and definitions for reports and dashboards are understood by the Informatics delivery team Monitor progress of delivery of reports and dashboards and provide regular updates and communication to the requestor. Ensure confidentiality, integrity and availability of business information throughout the product development processes Continuously improve approaches to IT requirements gathering, analysis and business modelling, including educating, coaching and developing the skills of colleagues to improve quality of service Ensure all reports and dashboards are built to an appropriate level of quality and meet assurance criteria Facilitate, monitor and feedback user acceptance testing of reports and dashboards Ensure and provide evidence that all outputs and products produced are fully assured and sustainable. Attend business meetings and provide a high standard of communication to various stakeholder, including Service Directors. Maintain detailed knowledge of relevant NHS guidance, information strategy, compliance framework and policies. Assist in identifying any improvements to systems and processes within the SLP. Effectively communication and build strong relationships to ensure timely delivery. Demonstrate and evidence quality assurance processes Any ad hoc duties related to the above, commensurate with the banding of the post and current capacity. Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Educated to Degree level or equivalent experience
- Evidence of professional/managerial development
Knowledge / ExperienceEssential
- Higher post-graduate education in a relevant subject
- Relevant Professional qualifications
- Relevant experience in supporting users with knowledge of NHS data reporting, data quality, performance management and Service Improvement
- Highly developed specialist reporting knowledge underpinned by theory and experience
- Understanding of NHS Information Governance and regulatory needs
- Experience of solution design & development life cycle involving BI technologies and Frameworks
- Experience of managing outputs and doing Quality Assurance when working with external teams and vendors
- Advanced use of excel
- Knowledge of how to query Power BI data sets, tabular OLAP cubes, and/or SQL data warehouse
Skills - CommunicationsEssential
- Knowledge of performance and contract management systems within mental healthcare organisations
- Understand quality improvement concepts such as Statistical Process Control
- Prince 2, Agile or other Project Management methodologies
- Experience of delivering data visualisation programmes.
- Use of ITIL in a work environment
- Knowledge of mental health services
Skills - Analytical + JudgementEssential
- Ability to translate complex technical systems/solutions into language the business can understand
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Ability to specify and document requirements and user need
- Excellent written, verbal, and other media communications /Presentation skills
- The facilitation of a customer focused culture within a team
- Negotiation, influencing and persuading skills
Skills - Planning and OrganisationEssential
- A logical & analytical approach to problem solving and detail oriented
- Understand and assimilate complex facts or situations, requiring analysis, interpretation, comparison relating to clinical, financial and other complex information
- Experience of undertaking demand and capacity modelling and forecast modelling
- To analyse and apply user information to problem solving
- Decisions on a range of complex/highly complex issues where there may be more than one course of action interprets national guidance expert in field
Skills - Management/LeadershipEssential
- Evidence of change management practices
- Ability to organise and prioritise their workload, and be able to work under pressure
- Pro-active and self-motivated in completing work to a high standard in conjunction with other staff
- Develops a range of plans/long term strategic plans for the development of analysis and reporting across the Trust
- Sharp attention to detail and commitment to high quality outputs.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- To manage staff across multiple processes in a matrix management style, and use effective means of training large numbers of staff in new methods in relation to performance / data quality issues
- Line management responsibility as required for junior analysts.
- Excellent team skills and ability to work with members of own and other teams and departments at all levels of the organisation
South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Jeanette Wallace House
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.