Lead Nurse Cystic Fibrosis and Bronchiectasis
Fulltime/Part time considered
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic and inspirational nurse to join the Cystic Fibrosis (CF)and Bronchiectasis service as a Lead Specialist Nurse (Band 7).
You will work as part of a team delivering a specialist nurse-led respiratory service and alongside the broader multi-disciplinary team to deliver exceptional care to a complex and diverse group of patients. The Oxford Adult Cystic Fibrosis and Bronchiectasis Service is an NHS England commissioned tertiary service which provides care and support to patients, their relatives and families with CF and Bronchiectasis from across Oxfordshire and the surrounding counties.
This post comes with significant opportunities for development, and the ideal candidate needs to exhibit a breadth of interest across areas such as respiratory disease, patient education, multisystem chronic conditions, transition and palliative care. The Multidisciplinary team will ensure you are fully supported with your development into this unique and rewarding role. Within a research active service, the post offers excellent training/learning opportunities. You will be encouraged and supported to use your initiative and to be creative in seeking ways to continuously improve care in line with the best available evidence.
Successful applicant will work collaboratively with another Lead Nurse for the team.
IMain duties of the job
- Use their expert knowledge and clinical judgement to lead the team to deliver high quality care.
- Monitor and maintain standards of care and provide this information to the Directorate
- Ensure the provision of continuity of care.
- Assess and evaluate, with patients and /or carers, the effectiveness of the treatment and care provided and make changes as needed.
- Work across professional, organisational and system boundaries and proactively develop and sustain new partnerships and networks to influence and improve health, outcomes, and healthcare delivery systems.
- To effectively manage human, financial, material and information resources.
About usOxford University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- To be the Lead Nurse in the Cystic Fibrosis and Bronchiectasis Service, working autonomously as an expert practitioner in the assessment of patients and the planning, delivering, and evaluating interventions and treatments.
is one of the largest NHS teaching trusts in the country. It provides a wide range of general and specialist clinical services and is a base for medical education, training and research. Find out more here www.ouh.nhs.uk
The Trust comprises four hospitals - the John Radcliffe Hospital, Churchill Hospital and Nuffield Orthopaedic Centre in Headington and the Horton General Hospital in Banbury.
Our values, standards and behaviours define the quality of clinical care we offer and the professional relationships we make with our patients, colleagues and the wider community. We call thisDelivering Compassionate Excellence
and its focus is on our values of compassion, respect, learning, delivery, improvement and excellence. These values put patients at the heart of what we do and underpin the quality healthcare we would like for ourselves or a member of our family. Watch how we set out to deliver compassionate excellence via the OUH YouTube channel.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- Work at a leadership level of practice influencing and directing the nursing team and multi-disciplinary team.
- Work clinically to optimise health and wellbeing, acting as a role model to ensure an individualised, holistic approach to patient care.
- Collaborate with the multi-professional team to develop a shared vision of the service.
- Act as a role model and resource in expert clinical evidence-based practice.
- Maintain, advance and develop personal theoretical knowledge, high standards of clinical competence and professional development through ongoing self education and attendance at relevant courses of study.
- Maintain own professional portfolio and support others with their own.
- Coordinate and participate in ongoing service review and evaluation, including seeking and monitoring patient experience and outcomes
- Registered Nurse
- Postgraduate level study (HEI level 7) or demonstrable post graduate level working evidenced via a continuous professional development portfolio
- First level degree (HEI level 5 or 6) in nursing, midwifery or equivalent
- Teaching / Assessment / Mentoring qualification
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Masters (HEI level 7) degre
- Relevant specialist post basic programme to Master's Level or equivalent
- Cystic Fibrosis - managing the care course
- BTS Bronchiectasis course
- Non medical prescriber
- Advanced History Taking & Clinical Examination
Oxford University Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
John Radcliffe Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.