Would you like to do a job that makes a difference every day, using your skills, experience and compassion to help people in crisis?
Cornwall Partnership NHS Foundation Trust is passionate about promoting good mental health and wellbeing.We strive to use the expertise and resources within our organisation and through our partnerships, to deliver high quality services that are safe and focused on people's recovery. Our Home Treatment and Crisis service provision is a pivotal part of the acute care pathway for people with acute mental health difficulties, and we are investing substantially in them to improve care.
You will work as part of an established integrated multi-disciplinary Home Treatment Team. The team promotes a dynamic and innovative way of working, triaging and responding to mental health crisis calls and referrals, providing interventions, support, guidance and signposting. The service further delivers timely and responsive face to face assessments where required.
We are a forward thinking and innovative team and are presently working towards HTAs accreditation.
Your experience and enthusiasm could be just what we need to expand our teams. This an exciting time to join the team as we continue to grow and develop to deliver a high-quality mental health response to people in crisis.
If you want to work in this dynamic and progressive team, helping those in crisis please follow the link to apply now!Main duties of the job
- Use the Whole team approach, (operating over a 24 hour 7 day a week rota) to client care
- Engage with a defined client group presenting with Acute needs, who have agreed to have their treatment within the community rather than within a hospital setting,
- Useevidence based practice, provide assessment and interventions identified that promotes the engagement of the client in treatment and to assist them into recovery.
We're an NHS community and mental health provider Trust based in Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly. We deliver community and hospital-based care to improve people's physical and mental health. We also provide specialist support to people with dementia or a learning disability.
We are a people organisation and people matter to us. As part of the team, you'll help support the health and wellbeing of the people who live and visit this beautiful part of the UK.
Over 4,000 people make up the Trust. This includes doctors, nurses, therapists, plus admin and support staff.
We work in people's homes, in community clinics and bases. Some staff work from one of our 13 community hospitals. Our aspiration is to have great people, provide great care, be a great place to work and a great partner.
Approximately 568,000 people live here. A third of people who live in Cornwall are supported by acute hospital services in Devon. As a result, we also work closely with our partners in Devon. In the summer, and during other holidays lots of people choose to visit the area. This increases the numbers of people who use our services.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
To view a detailed job description and person specification including the main responsibilities of this role please see supporting documents. Person SpecificationEducation / Qualifications and relevant experienceEssential
- Current Professional registration - NMC
- Professional qualification - RMN,
- CBT training / Motivational interviewing
Knowledge and AbilitiesEssential
- Post Qualification experience
- Working knowledge of crisis assessment and intervention
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Will possess a demonstrable working knowledge of the mental health Act, including Community treatment orders and any other relevant legislation relevant to mental health and complex social needs
- Show good interpersonal and communication skills through a variety of mediums being sufficiently IT literate to us a number of IT systems available to the team to promote good team working and communication
- Show a creative and imaginative approach to the delivery of care
Cornwall Partnership NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.