A fantastic opportunity has presented for a self-motivated and committed individual to develop their leadership and IT skills in this management role. We are looking for an astute Pharmacy Technician to join our diverse team to effectively manage the onsite IT service, as part of the departmental cross site IT team.
We strive to develop the knowledge and skills of our workforce to enable them to advance personally and professionally and this is that ideal career development prospect. Therefore, recruiting the best talent to fulfil this role is really important to us. To help us achieve this, you must be a driven and resilient individual to join our busy team. Enthusiastic and flexible, you will have excellent organisational and communication skills and the ability to work effectively both independently without supervision and within the existing team.
If shortlisted for interview, we recommend that you arrange an informal visit to meet our team and fully appreciate what this post has to offer.
For further details regarding contact Ian Reading, Pharmacy Digital Operations Manager on 0121 424 1443.Main duties of the job
With a patient and staff-focused approach, you will provide overall day to day management of Pharmacy IT:
oEnsuring the smooth running of electronic systems, including CMM (Wellsky).
oResolving complex IT problems.
oDesigning and implementing reporting systems.
oProviding training in the use of all pharmacy systems
oAct as a role model to all staff.
You will also have:
*Significant post Pharmacy Technician qualification experience in a hospital environment.
*Experience of the specialist function for area of responsibility.
*Experience in leading a team.
*The ability to remain calm under pressure.
*A flexible approach and commitment to accommodate the needs of the service.
*A strong attention to detail.
*Excellent influencing and communication skills
*The ability to motivate a team.
This post offers in-service development training and the opportunity to gain valuable skills in a senior role. A requirement to participate in evenings, weekends, and bank holidays on a rotational basis will be necessary.About us
We are recognised as one of the leading NHS Foundation Trusts in the UK. Our vision is to Build Healthier Lives, and we recognise that we need incredible staff to do this.
Our commitment to our staff is to create the best place for them to work, and we are dedicated to:
Investing in the health and wellbeing of our staff, including a commitment of offering flexible working where we can Offer our staff a wide variety of training and development opportunities, to support their personal and career development objectives.
UHB is committed to ensuring that our staff are treated fairly and feel that they belong, by creating a kind and inclusive environment. This is about equity of opportunity removing all barriers, including discrimination and ensuring each individual member of staff reach their true potential, achieve their ambitions and thrive in their work. This is more than words. We are taking action. Our commitment to an inclusive culture is embedded at all levels of the organisation where every voice is heard, driven by our diverse and active staff networks, and at Board level by the Fairness Taskforce led by our CEO. We nurture a culture which empowers staff to challenge discriminatory behaviours and to enable people to bring their 'whole self' to a kinder, more connected and bold place to work.
University Hospitals Birmingham is a Smoke-Free premises hospital.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
*Please Note*: For a detailed job description for this vacancy, please see attached Job Description*Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- * GCSEs -- Mathematics and English (Grade B/5) and four other subjects including Science (Grade C/4)
- * GCSEs: Mathematics, English and Science (Grade C/4 or equivalent) and two other GCSEs (Grade C/4) and successful achievement of the pharmacy service skills Level 2 NVQ
- qualification (or equivalent)
- * Three A levels, one of which is a relevant science subject and Mathematics B/5 (GCSE or equivalent)
- * Degree in science or humanities and Mathematics B/5 (GCSE or equivalent)
- * Level 3 Diploma in Principles and Practice for Pharmacy Technicians (E)
- * BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Pharmaceutical Science and Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Pharmacy Service Skills (E)
- or equivalent as defined by the General Pharmaceutical Council (E)
- * Dispensing Accuracy Accreditation. West Midland's scheme or equivalent. (E)
- * Evidence of Continued Professional Development (E)
- * Professional Registration with the GPhC (E)
- * Accredited Checker Technician (E)
Employer detailsEmployer name
- * Significant post-qualification experience in a hospital setting (E)
- * Experience of the specialist function for area of responsibility (E)
- * Experience in delivering training and supervision of others (E)
- * Working under pressure, prioritising work as appropriate to achieve deadlines (E)
- * Experience of planning workload according to departmental priorities (E)
- * Fluent IT user/keyboard skills as a senior level (E)
- * Project management: managing the input of more senior staff to a project or committee (E)
University Hospitals Birmingham NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Good Hope Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.