An exciting opportunity is available for a registered Mental Health Nurse (RMN) to work within Gloucestershire Health and Care NHS Foundation Trust as a Band 6 Charge Nurse on Kingsholm Ward in our award winning Wotton Lawn Hospital. This post is also open to interest for Band 5 RMN Staff Nurses as a development role. The preferred candidate would be supported in stages to work towards being a Band 6 Clinical Lead initially with a view to supporting into more managerial aspects once competence had been met within clinical areas.
Wotton Lawn Hospital tour - YouTubeMain duties of the job
The post holder will be a senior member of the team working with service users across the Strategic Service Units who have common and severe mental health problems. The purpose of this role is to:
- Provide assessment and implementation of evidence-based interventions for service users who are experiencing common, acute mental health and longer-term recovery needs
- Facilitate early discharge from hospital and respond to agencies requiring assessment of users who are being considered for immediate psychiatric hospitalisation, handover of mental health care between primary and secondary services and vice versa
- Support clinical governance initiatives at ward / hospital level e.g. Integrated Care Pathway Audit
At Gloucestershire Health and Care NHS Foundation Trust, we are supportive of the people we care for in the community and aim to provide a fully responsive service to everyone who needs it. This is the same approach we take for our employees. We look to value the skills and experiences of those we work with, whether they are service users, carers, families or those looking to work with us.
Gloucestershire Health and Care NHS Foundation Trust is part of the NHS. We treat NHS patients according to NHS principles and standards. The difference is the Trust is accountable to local people, rather than to Government, and so we are able to work closely with our community to develop services in the way that best suits the needs of local people.
Our Staff Survey results showed people at our Trust feel they are engaged, part of a team and work for a compassionate and inclusive organisation.
Our overall scores were better than average in eight of nine themes and level in one - the best overall results for a community, mental health and learning disabilities Trust in the south west and first equal amongst all sector NHS providers within the region too.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Gloucestershire Health and Care is committed to embedding and providing personalised care through all of its services as part of our high-quality care strategy. The purpose of personalised care is to empower people to lead the lives they want to live. Personalised care starts with a conversation with people about what matters to them. It builds on what people can do, as well as addressing their health needs. Including new ways of working and delivering care, emphasising that we need to make effective use of the full range of our peoples skills and experience to deliver the best possible patient care. So we want to know What Matters to You and that you will share our values and join us on this very important journey. The qualification, training & experience requirements for the role are underlined in the Job Description/Person Specification. Please refer to the Additional Information attachment before submitting your application. Person SpecificationExperience of MH workingEssential
- Registered Nurse Mental Health (RNM)
- Evidence of continued professional development
- Formal teaching and assessing course
- Evidence of formal post registration learning
- Working knowledge of Early Intervention, Primary Care, Recovery, Crisis Resolution & Home Treatment (CRHT) approach, Recovery approach and social inclusion
- Extensive experience of first line assessments including the assessment of risk
- Demonstrable post qualification experience in Mental Health
Experience of leadershipEssential
- Experience of collaboration working with other agencies including the voluntary sector
- Experience of providing short term evidence based interventions e.g. CBT, Brief solution focussed therapy
- Ability to work on social factors affecting mental distress e.g. accommodation, substance misuse, domestic violence, welfare rights
- Broad understanding of National Policy and local implementation, which impacts on the development and provision of services
- Knowledge of evidence based intervention with service users in an all phases of mental illness
- Knowledge of the different approaches to mental health assessment
- Extensive skills in risk assessment and management
- Knowledge of appropriate legislation e.g. current Mental Health Act legislation, Child Protection legislation and other policy related to mental health
- Experience of team work and staff development
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience of supervising staff
- Audit/research/project development in a clinical field
Gloucestershire Health and Care NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Wotton Lawn Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.