This Customer Service Practitioner apprenticeship at Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust is an exciting opportunity to learn new skills and become part of the Lung Function, Sleep and GI Physiology team.
This apprenticeship is suitable for anyone with a desire to learn and develop customer service skills with a view to beginning a career in customer service / administration and gain a Customer Service Practitioner Level 2 Intermediate apprenticeship.
Throughout the apprenticeship journey you will:
- be supported in the workplace by a mentor
- have a minimum of 6 hours per week 'off-the-job training' to develop your learning
- be in regular contact with the Training Provider and the Apprenticeships and Careers Team
- have access to a virtual learning platform
- attend workshops (face to face / virtual) where you will have the opportunity to discuss and shareMain duties of the job
The Customer Service Apprentice will provide typing, booking and administration support within in the Lung Function, Sleep and GI Physiology team. To liaise with staff and other departments, both internal and external to the organisation, to facilitate the smooth running of the department.
The successful applicant will receive Induction and training appropriate to the activities he or she will undertake, and during this induction period will be enrolled to the Intermediate (Level 2) Customer Service Practitioner Apprenticeship with the Training Provider.
The Apprentice will be expected to complete the elements of the apprenticeship within the 15 months' timeframe. The apprenticeship includes:
- Level 2 Customer Service Practitioner apprenticeship standard - assessed through end point assessment
- Knowledge - Knowing your customers, understanding the organisation, meeting regulations and legislation, systems and resources, your role and responsibility, customer experience, product and service knowledge
- Skills - Interpersonal skills, communication, influencing skills, personal organisation, dealing with customer conflict and challenge
- Behaviours - Developing self, being open to feedback, team working, equality - treating all customer as individuals, presentation - dress code, personal language, 'right first time'
- Functional Skill English and Maths if not previously attained Level 2 equivalent before.
- ICT Skill SessionsAbout us
Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust is the largest employer in the county and with over 8,000 staff, we are one of the largest NHS trusts in the UK. We offer a generous annual leave allowance, excellent bank rates, access to the excellent NHS Pension Scheme, discounts for local shops, restaurants and services, access to our health and well-being hub, access to our two on-site nurseries, flexible working options, discounted public transport, reward and recognition schemes, exercise and activity classes and membership to our popular hospital choir.
Our Trust values each and every one of our apprentices and offers continued support and guidance. Many apprentices have successfully completed and remained with our Trust in a variety of areas.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
To attend all mandatory components of the Apprenticeship Framework including:
- Corporate induction
- GHNHSFT mandatory training
- Department based vocational assessments
- Progress review meetings
To undertake training as required and agreed with the mentor, supervisor and external assessor and complete competencies relevant to the work area / department
To retrieve case notes for patients attending sleep clinic or for audit/research purposes
To input data onto the database during sleep clinics
To send out test results in a timely manner, to file results and reorganise filing system as necessary
To notify staff when stationary and clerical supplies are required
Photocopy clinical and non-clinical documents as required by the Physiologists
Occasional typing of letters as required by the Head of Department
Provide information for the Head of Department as and when required
To book and send out appointments to patients for all respiratory procedures carried out within the laboratory, adhering to the Trust and departmental policies
Ensure that all available appointment slots are filled, in accordance with Trust and departmental policies
To ensure patients are received courteously and promptly upon arrival for respiratory tests where applicable ensuring that all their details are checked and they are booked onto the PAS system
To ensure patients privacy is protected by maintaining confidentiality when dealing with patients, staff and the public
Answering telephone queries in line with the Trust customer care policies
Answer queries face to face with patients attending the department
Communicate to patients effectively concerning appointment times and cancellations
Communicate effectively with clinicians, nursing staff and medical staff concerning test reports, test cancellations, pending lists etc
Prepare clinic lists for each diagnostic session ensuring all slots filled, clinic lists printed out and case notes are available
Ensure that all new referrals are date stamped and attached to the appropriate pending list or booked appointment, any queries need to be placed to the attention of the Physiologists
To complete all training in accordance with Trust policy.
To be flexible, with the ability to alter activities and priorities as the need arises
To participate fully in personal appraisal and development review process, maintain and complete the apprenticeship portfolio.
Undertake any other appropriate duties commensurate with the role, as required at the request of your line manager.
Please see the full job description and person specification by accessing the documents under the Supporting Documents heading.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Appropriate verbal and written communication
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office and email programmes
- GCSE Grade D (3) or above in English and Maths or equivalent Functional Skills Level 1 in Literacy and Numeracy
- ECDL or equivalent Admin customer care OCR/RSA word processing level 1 or equivalent
- Previous Customer Service experience
- Previous clerical/office experience
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Good communication skills
- Flexible and adaptable attitude with a desire to learn
- Ability to manage frequent interruptions and changing priorities
- Good interpersonal skills
Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.