This is an outstanding opportunity for an experienced Senior IT Infrastructure Engineer with proven technical skills and knowledge to be a part of the IT Third line support team.
If you have the vision and dedication to take forward this role and share our commitment to put patients at the heart of everything we do and save both staff and patient time then we'd love to hear from you.
In addition to our ongoing support, process improvements and project delivery we have a number of key infrastructure initiatives underway (EG Windows 11 deployment, Unified Communications, AD domain consolidation, Legacy technology replacement)Main duties of the job
Lead the resolution of complex infrastructure challenges, conducting root cause analysis & implementing preventive measures.
Designing & implementing production environments to ensure alignment with Trust strategy and project initiatives.
Providing strategic direction & solution design across all core technologies.
Undertaking research & development initiatives on a range of emerging technologies.
To manage 3rd party maintenance contracts ensuring adequate cover, quality & value for money.
Develop an understanding of the Trusts and NHS Network, Telecoms & IT systems sufficiently well to be able to advise users on any problems encountered
To manage infrastructure in accordance with NHS & industry best practice.
Pro-actively review new and emerging technologies with its subsequent application according to the Trust's business requirements, where relevant, provide input into business cases.
You will also play a vital role in providing technical consultancy for IT projects. Your input & expertise will help shape the implementation of new technologies, system upgrades, and infrastructure enhancements.
By joining our team, you can look forward to a varied, inspiring, and rewarding career. You will have the opportunity to make a significant impact on the delivery of healthcare services through technology.
Embrace the challenges and rewards that come with this role and be part of a team dedicated to making a difference in the lives of patients & healthcare professionals alike.About us
One of the largest Trusts in East Anglia, East Suffolk and North Essex NHS Foundation Trust (ESNEFT) provide hospital and community health services to people living across a wide geographical area. We deliver care from two main hospitals in Colchester and Ipswich, six community hospitals and in patients' own homes. You will be joining a team of almost 12,000 amazing colleagues providing care to approximately a million people.
Along with supporting you to achieve your career goals we offer a generous pension scheme, unsocial hours payments (if applicable), 27 days annual leave on commencement (pro rata) and access to a range of NHS discounts. Our Staff Health and Wellbeing programme offer a variety of services. We offer a range of flexible working opportunities.
Our philosophy is that Time Matters to everyone. Across the Trust, we concentrate on improving the things we do and removing those which do not work or cause time delays for our staff and patients.
If you are passionate about patient care and want to develop your skills and knowledge then we are keen to hear from you.
Find out about living and working with us - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkPu7HphU8AJob descriptionJob responsibilitiesFor full details of the responsibilities and duties of this role please see the attached job description. Person SpecificationExperienceEssential
- Proven experience in a Support/Infrastructure management Capacity with experience of supporting a complex multi-vendor environment.
- Handling complex organisational issues and constraints.
- Proven experience of workload planning and delivery of key targets within a service environment.
- Development and documentation of standard build documents and operating procedures
- Experience of managing /leading a team
- Project management/co-ordination
- NHS IT experience
- A good working knowledge of Information Security ( ISO27002 principles and practices)
- Relevant degree or equivalent qualification or significant experience of working at degree level
- Management /leadership qualification or equivalent knowledge at post graduate level
- Evidence of continued professional development
Knowledge and SkillsEssential
- CCNA, MCP, MCSE
- Project Management Qualification
- LAN/WAN & Wireless Networking design and concepts
- VOIP & Analogue Phone system design and concepts
- Financial procedures including budgetary management
- Extensive knowledge of IT architecture and standards
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Software packaging
- Sophos UTM
East Suffolk and North Essex NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Colchester / Ipswich
Colchester / Ipswich
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.