The post involves delivering a dietetic service to inpatients who have had a stroke and you will provide personalised care plans to support recovery and successful rehab. You will be a valued team member and work closely with the clinical MDTs, work alongside a range of HCPs and be involved in weekly MDTs. You will work closely with another dietitian who works in stroke care.Main duties of the job
The role involves:
- Undertaking comprehensive assessment of patients with complex presentations, multipathologies within hyper acute inpatient settings.
- Formulating individual management and treatment plans using advanced clinical reasoning and developing comprehensive discharge plans including advice on appropriate ACBS prescibable enteral feeds and supplements to be used. This includes secondary prevention
- Working collaboratively with the wider multi- disciplinary health care team to ensure delivery of coordinated care and to provide specialist advice and attend case conferences, network meetings as appropriate.
- Evaluating patients' progress and measuring outcomes and contribute to and implement service improvement work
- Using a range of verbal and non-verbal communication tools to communicate effectively with patients to implement treatment plans. This will include patients who have difficulty with understanding communication
- Providing advice and training to patients, carers, colleagues and other healthcare professionals to promote an understanding of the aims of dietetic treatment to ensure a consistent approach to patient care.
- Managing clinical risk within own caseload.
NHFT is an integrated primary care and mental health Trust, providing physical, mental health and specialty services in both hospital settings and out in the community. Because we put the person at the centre of all we do, we focus on delivering care that is as easy to access as possible. This means many of our services can be provided at home, work or in schools.We also provide health services to various prisons and detention centres in Bedfordshire and Cambridgeshire. Job descriptionJob responsibilities
For further information on the advertised role, please refer to the job description located under the Supporting Documents heading. The full person specification can be accessed under the About You Section of the document. Person SpecificationknowledgeEssential
professional and communication skilslEssential
- good range of clincial experience, including enteral feeding
Employer detailsEmployer name
- expereince of behaviour change and service improvement
Northamptonshire Healthcare Foundation TrustAddress
Highfield Clinical Care Centre
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.