We are seeking to recruit a Associate Data Engineer who will support to help create and maintain data flows and reports within our Microsoft Azure and Power BI environments. This is an exciting and challenging opportunity to join the Trusts' Business Informatics department. Success will mean ESNEFT has a team that is proactive and adaptable in finding innovative technological mechanisms for reporting information and can analyse data in innovative ways for a range of audiences. Your work will make a tangible contribution to delivering the Trust's Informatics Strategy. We are looking for someone with advanced IT skills that has a knowledge of a range of statistical/numerical techniques, procedures. And someone that a good understanding of data and data structures that support the creation of automated reporting and products. Want to know more, please see our online brochure via this link or the link at the top of the job description:- Data engineering - 1 (pagetiger.com) Main duties of the job
- Analysis of complex datasets to provide relevant and timely information
- The development, design and maintenance of health related datasets and complex information and analysis.
- Provision of advice and support/guidance on specialist analysis.
- Implementation of policies and processes for own area and proposal of changes impacting cross-professional working groups.
- Responding to external informatics challenges to the organisation
- To provide a range of standard business intelligence functions to managers, including analysis of service level agreements, service planning, capacity modelling, business process redesign, benchmarking, and monitoring of performance
- To proactively support the Senior Analyst in promoting the use of business informatics within the services and across the trust.
- To be a key member of the service teams and work closely with operational colleagues in supporting business needs
- To support the Senior Analyst in monitoring data quality and accuracy issues, reporting issues to Senior Analysts (i.e. where data is anomalous in reports produced).
One of the largest Trusts in East Anglia, East Suffolk and North Essex NHS Foundation Trust (ESNEFT) provide hospital and community health services to people living across a wide geographical area. We deliver care from two main hospitals in Colchester and Ipswich, six community hospitals and in patients' own homes. You will be joining a team of over 11,000 amazing colleagues providing care to 800,000 residents.
Along with supporting you to achieve your career goals we offer a generous pension scheme, 27 days annual leave on commencement (pro rata) and access to a range of NHS discounts. Our Staff Health and Wellbeing programme offer a range of services including mental health support. We offer a range of flexible working opportunities.
Our philosophy is thatTime Mattersto everyone. Across the Trust, we concentrate on improving the things we do and removing those which do not work or cause time delays for our staff and patients.
To support our employees to achieve their career aspirations you may be eligible to obtain a qualification via an apprenticeship. All successful applicants will be required to undertake a skills review to facilitate this. For full details please see the attached Apprenticeship Handbook
If you are passionate about patient care and want to develop your skills and knowledge then we are keen to hear from you.
Find out about living and working with us -https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkPu7HphU8AJob descriptionJob responsibilities
For full details of the responsibilities and duties of this role please see the attached job description. Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- To work with the Head of Business Informatics in supporting internal Trust staff and external NHS agencies, by providing information on activity levels and Trust performance, and enabling them to carry out their business in the most effective manner.
- To play a hands-on role in production of business intelligence information as required, ensuring that the team meets all requests for information for a range of situations, which may include:
- Central and statutory returns
- Weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual returns
- Ad hoc and specialist requests
- Freedom of Information requests
- Management information requests
- Clinical information requests
- Clinical indicator monitoring
- Contract Monitoring
- SLR/SLM Reporting
- Activity Reports
- Divisional/ Service Level Dashboards
- To provide specialist support and advice to ad hoc requesters of information, in developing suitable report formats to meet their requirements. Communicating analytical/statistical data to non-statistical professionals. Identifying areas and opportunities for improvement.
- To attend service meetings as required.
- To work with the Head of Business Informatics, Managers and Team to ensure that information recipients are provided with the appropriate support to facilitate the use, interpretation and analysis of the information supplied by the Team.
- To ensure that all deadlines for own workplan, either routine or ad-hoc, are met. Plan, organise and adjust where appropriate, activities/programmes to meet customers requirements. Highlighting issues arising with line manager (prior to deadlines).
- To ensure that written documentation exists, and is maintained for any processes for which the post holder is routinely responsible, or has developed.
- To provide specialist training in own discipline/share skills in this area with other team members as necessary in order to ensure there is appropriate cover for absence at all times, and to provide cover for absent colleagues as necessary (staff will be part of an annual leave matrix, to ensure there is appropriate cover at all times)
- To work with other members of the Business Informatics Team to implement changes to the routine information processes as required to improve accuracy/ efficiency.
- To work with other team members to ensure that all business intelligence information supplied to customers is of the highest possible quality (completeness, accuracy), and to work at all times towards improving data quality in all the Trusts patient databases
- Knowledge of a range of statistical/numerical techniques, procedures acquired through qualification to degree level, or equivalent relevant experience.
- Other IM& T qualification.
- Proven experience of using advanced IT skills, including spreadsheets, databases and MS office applications.
- Data retrieval, analysis and presentation of information
- The ability to analyse and interpret complex and detailed information and draw a conclusion based on that analysis.
Knowledge and SkillsEssential
- Systems administration.
- Proven experience of working in a large NHS organisation.
- The ability to develop a corporate overview.
- MS Excel and Access.
- Good communication skills both written and verbal.
- The ability to provide sometimes highly complex information in a clear and understandable format.
- The ability to communicate with a wide range of people and professionals, both internally and externally
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Knowledge of current NHS Data Standards and Information Systems.
- Knowledge of NHS organisational structures
- Relevant experience within the NHS to understand clinical processes.
East Suffolk and North Essex NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Colchester / Ipswich
Colchester / Ipswich
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.