This is an exciting opportunity to work as part of the new, expanded Health & Justice Service as a lead for the Reconnect and Outreach Pathways. There is a requirement to travel Cheshire wide and to Prison estates within the Cheshire area. This post will increase the capacity of the existing Health & Justice team and will be working closely with the current staff. This role will include leading a team in providing high quality assessments for people in the community and implementing care plans and the Reconnect Pathway with consist of providing assessments to people in prison up to 12 weeks prior to their release. The Outreach service will be delivered to people who present with any vulnerability including but not limited to employment, housing, substance use, mental health, physical health, learning disability, head injury etc. The Reconnect service will be delivered to people who present with any health vulnerability including but not limited to mental health, physical health, learning disability, head injury etc. The successful applicants must be experienced in risk assessment, highly motivated and someone who is looking for a new challenge and have the skills to make a difference. Due to the nature of the work posts will be subject to Police and Prison vetting.Main duties of the jobDelivering a high-quality clinical service to patients and their families. Managing complex assessment in the community and prison establishments. Responsible for clinical and caseload supervision of other team members where identified. Diverting and liaising with multiple criminal police and other partners. Responsible for participating in the setting of quality standards, including the auditing, monitoring, and reviewing of practice in line with current clinical guidance practice and policy. Assess patient's individual care needs, agree, and refer on to appropriate agency. Complete and contribute, where appropriate to robust risk assessments and risk management plans. Deliver and promote positive risk taking, where appropriate, to improve quality of life and maximise occupational performance/independence. Maintain an effective reporting system by observing and reporting verbally and in writing on patient condition Utilise agreed outcome measures to review the effectiveness of process, as part of Health & Justice Services. Participate in the development of the service to ensure clinical governance processes are actively implemented at a team level. Maintain an up-to-date level of professional competenceAbout us
At MPFT we pride ourselves on staff wellbeing and development and can we offer you:
Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesThe Post holder will be expected to conduct assessments within the community and Prison Estate, providing relevant information to partner agencies, Court & Probation services to support people in custody and in the community. The post holder will be required to work autonomously within this role and be accountable for managing referrals prioritizing referrals and ensuring clinical and electronic record keeping standards are adhered too. Staff would need to be mindful and skilled to work with people of different ethnicities and backgrounds. They must also be able to demonstrate experience of working with both adults and children/youths.Person SpecificationExperienceEssential
- Our SOOTHE resources - supporting staff across the trust with their physical, mental and financial health. In addition to the support offered from our occupational health provider Team Prevent.
- Counselling support and lifestyle information with advice on a variety of personal matters
- In our Gift providing a platform for your voice to be heard to inform change
- The opportunity to purchase additional annual leave
- Opportunities for flexible working ( depending on the role )
- Career development opportunities and coaching plus access to in house training programs
- Innovative research training program entitled STARS (Supporting the advancement of Research Skills)
- Child Care Vouchers Scheme
- Recognition and engagement through our staff LOVE awards, LOVE long service awards and Staff Engagement Surveys
- NHS discounts available via the Blue Card and Red Guava schemes
- Professional Registration
- Evidence of continuing professional development in relevant area
- Experience of working in the criminal justice system
- Experience of managing teams
- Knowledge of vulnerabilities
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Knowledge of the criminal justice system.
Midlands Partnership NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Runcorn Police Custody
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.