Torbay Day Surgery Unit is one of the leading Day Surgery Units in the UK. we currently have three theatres dedicated to day Surgery, it is renowned for the innovative leadership to drive complex surgical procedures to the forefront of day surgery.
Day Surgery nursing has developed to become the cutting edge of surgery and is fast, progressive and highly rewarding. Each year, more and more procedures are being highlighted to become suitable to be performed within day surgery. Plus with advancing surgical techniques, is quickly becoming the way forward.
We are looking for a dynamic practitioner with strong leadership and organisational skills and the ability to motivate staff.
If you are a hardworking, flexible worker and able to work under pressure, use your own initiative and are a team player with good communication skills. Then this could be the post for you.
You must have excellent interpersonal skills, be able to prioritise workloads and work independently as well as working as part of a well-established team. As team leader you must believe in delivering high standards of patient focused care, you will be involved in staff management and will take an active role in the implementation of any change.
If you are looking for a post which will keep you motivated and challenged, then this post will appeal to you.Main duties of the job
- To be responsible for ensuring provision of high quality patient care in the perioperative period based on the latest available evidence based practice.
- To line manage a group of staff performing appraisals, sickness management and disciplinary process as required.
- To co-ordinate, provide management and organisation of the theatre environment. Acting as a role model and working with all members of the multi disciplinary team
Not only is Torbay Hospital day surgery unit known for its friendly supportive atmosphere but it is also known locally and nationally as a centre of excellence for day surgery.
Data from the model hospital , which compares organisation across England , places us in some of the top performing day surgery units in the country across all surgical specialties that we provide.
We are very proud of out outcomes and the services that we provide for our patients.
Why work with us - 1 (pagetiger.com)Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Full Vacancy details can be found on the attached Job Description/Person Specification. Please refer to your suitability to the post in your supporting information from the role requirements or person specification
- You would be expected to work very closely with your team and develop all theatre staff working with you.
- You would work closely with your surgeons and to ensure the smooth running and efficient theatre lists.
- You would be involved in scheduling as well as governance.
. #caretojoinusPerson SpecificationExperienceEssential
- Two years experience in the theatre environment
- Experience in the day surgery theatres
- Team working decision making skills
- Evidence of teaching/ assessing in clinical area
- Experience in managing a team
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Expereince in project management
Torbay and South Devon NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.