An exciting opportunity has arisen for an 8PA consultant child and adolescent psychiatry post incorporating 2PAs dedicated to providing psychiatric input and service development to the North Somerset CAMHS Community Eating Disorder Service, and the remainder providing psychiatric input and medical leadership to the core community CAMHS team.
The North Somerset Eating Disorder Service will become a spoke of the Bristol, North Somerset & South Gloucestershire specialist community eating disorder hub, which has links with Bristol Children's hospital and Riverside inpatient unit.
The core community CAMHS teams offers extended assessments of new referrals followed by referral on to one of several therapeutic care pathways - CBT, DBT, trauma therapy/EMDR, arts psychotherapy.Main duties of the job
The psychiatrist will offer assessment and treatment where required, working alongside a caseholder within the team, and be an important member of the multi-disciplinary team, offering psychiatric consultation and formulation.
The postholder will provide psychiatric input to an experienced community Eating Disorder team, workign closely with paediatricians and the acute hospitals in Bristol.About us
We are AWP (Avon and Wiltshire Mental Health Partnership NHS Trust) a diverse organisation with over 5,000 dedicated staff providing inpatient and community-based mental health care. We provide services from a range of locations to approximately 1.8 million people living in Bath and North East Somerset (B& NES), Bristol, North Somerset, South Gloucestershire, Swindon, across the county of Wiltshire and in parts of Dorset. Our outstanding people promote mental health and wellbeing. The expertise and resources within AWP are dedicated to a person-centred approach for those who use our services and for all employees. We recognise that happy and fulfilled employees give better care.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please refer to the accompanying job description for full details on the roles and responsibilities of this post.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Full GMC Registration or eligibility to be included on the register and holding a current licence to practise at the time of appointment.
- Eligible for inclusion in the Specialist Register or within 6 months of gaining CCT in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry.
- Section 12 approval/ Approved Clinician Status OR able to achieve within 3 months of appointment
- MB BS or equivalent medical qualification.
- Relevant Higher Degree e.g. MD, PHD, Msc or other additional clinical qualifications
- MRCPsych or MRCPsych equivalent approved by the Royal College of Psychiatrists
- Additional clinical qualifications
- Wide breadth of clinical experience working with children and young people with mental health problems and their families
- Knowledge and evidence of participation in CPD.
- Evidence of effective multidisciplinary team involvement.
- Evidence of effective multi-agency working
- Specific additional therapy training (e.g. Positive Behavioural Support, CBT, systemic therapy, DBT etc.)
- To possess leadership skills and be able to work collaboratively in a multidisciplinary team.
- Ability to manage own time, workload and prioritise clinical work
- Able to demonstrate excellent communication skills, in order to effectively work with patients, carers and staff.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Skills in psychiatric assessment, formulation and risk management (including safeguarding) as well as psychopharmacology in children, neurodevelopmental disorders and attachment difficulties.
- Understanding of the management skills required to function successfully as a Consultant.
Research & AuditEssential
- Commitment to and experience of undergraduate and postgraduate learning and teaching.
- Understand principles of teaching.
- Experience or involvement in a research project and publication.
- Ability to supervise junior medical staff undertaking research projects.
- Experience of carrying out an audit project
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Evidence of management/leadership skills training.
Avon & Wiltshire Mental Health Partnership NHS TrustAddress
Weston Super Mare
Weston Super Mare
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.