Exciting opportunity in Sussex - CAMHS Crisis and Home Treatment Team.
Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation trust is looking to recruit an innovative and inspirational Clinical Service Manager (Band 8a) to lead our Sussex wide Crisis and Urgent Care Community CAMHS teams.
The successful applicant will lead and implement the ongoing development of these services, and provide operational leadership for these teams, ensuring caseload, referral and performance management, staffing oversight and clinical consultation.
To protect the health and safety of our staff/workers, patients, and those attending our sites, we encourage our workforce to get fully vaccinated against COVID Please not driving is essential for this role.Main duties of the job
You will be responsible for the delivery of safe, effective and efficient acute community CAMHS services across Sussex. Your role will be critical in strengthening our partnerships with GPs, Local Authority and educational colleagues, whilst building engagement with our service users, carers and wider community. You will have a sound working knowledge of national policy and strategy for CAMHS and be committed to addressing health and social inequalities.
The post will involve managing 2 services:
Our Home Treatment Team, which works alongside community CAMHS teams to decrease presentation at A& E departments and offer bespoke community intervention care packages to support young people and families/carers in need of urgent mental health care.
Our Crisis Team, which aims to avoid admissions to mental health inpatient units, expedite discharge through specialist assessments and proactive risk management approaches.About us
In return, you will be joining a friendly and forward thinking multi-disciplinary team, who are dedicated to providing high quality services which complement the work done by our wider CAMHS colleagues. In addition to the full package of benefits that working in the NHS brings, you will receive tailored support for your personal and professional development, and regular supervision.
Our offer is for a career not just a job, based in coastal Sussex. You would work within a team and a trust focused on delivering the best care possible to the community whilst being committed to the wellbeing of its staff. Rated overall as 'good' by the Care Quality Commission (CQC), and as outstanding' for being caring, we are a trust that makes a difference.
This is a permanent, full time post (37.5 hours per week). The job requires travel across Sussex.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
To be successful in this role, you will bring
- A passion and commitment to the delivery of high quality health services within CAMHS.
- Compassionate and flexible leadership approach
- Commitment to staff wellbeing and development
- High personal resilience and a can-do attitude
- Tenacity to innovate and develop solutions to the challenges we face.
- Experience of quality improvement and project management
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- A track record of meeting key performance objectives within a community health setting
- Proven ability to successfully lead multi-disciplinary clinical teams
- Clinical experience would be beneficial either of working in CAMHS or crisis teams
- Educated to degree/ diploma level with a relevant qualification or equivalent experience.
- Clinical/post graduate management qualification to masters or equivalent level of experience and proven ability to perform at this level
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Extensive experience of and demonstrable achievement in managing health/social care services.
- Experience of working in a CAMHS or Children's Services Team.
- Management of resources and good track record with change management, efficiency savings and financial recovery plans.
- Experience of managing a diverse practitioner team (multi-site).
- Measurable track record in involving and motivating staff to improve performance.
Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Princess Royal Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.