Would you like to be part of a team that provides the best care for young people aged 13 to 18 and play an instrumental part in their recovery?Main duties of the job
EPUT is looking to recruit a Specialty Doctor who will provide consistent, high quality Medical input support to the CAMHS service, Larkwood ward at the St Aubyn Centre in Colchester. St Aubyn Centre provides Tier 4 CAMHS Services only. The unit comprises two distinct services. Longview is a 15 bedded generic adolescent unit commissioned to accept young people (both male and female) from the age of 13 up to 18 years. Larkwood is a 10 bedded Psychiatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU) for the same age group. Both wards are commissioned by NHS England to provide a resource for young people needing admission to hospital. The usual catchment area is the county of Essex, but does admit young people from within the Eastern Region and further afield.
The post-holder will have shared responsibility for the clinical care of those patients referred to the team and will be expected to work closely and collaboratively with the consultant, team manager, clinicians and other practitioners within the multi-disciplinary team to ensure the provision of an effective service in providing a 7 day a week, 24 hours a day service for 365 days a year.
You should be eligible for full registration with the GMC at time of appointment. You will also need to provide evidence of achievement of ST1/CT1 competences in psychiatry at time of application and likelihood of achieving CT2 competences in psychiatry by the start date of the post.About us
To be the leading health and wellbeing service in the provision of mental health and community care.
We care for people every day. What we do together, matters.
Our strategic objectives
We will deliver safe, high quality integrated care services.
We will enable each other to be the best that we can.
We will work together with our partners to make our services better.
We will help our communities to thrive.
If you share that vision and want to make a difference to the people that use our services, then please contact us to find out more.
EPUT are looking for motivated staff who shares our Trust values of Open, Compassionate and Empowering. In return, EPUT can offer you a range of benefits and development including
Job descriptionJob responsibilities Observe the Trusts agreed policies and procedures. Provide, with consultant colleagues, a service in the specialty for the Trust with responsibility for the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of illness, and the proper functioning of the department. Honour out-of-hours responsibilities, including rota commitments where contracted. Provide agreed cover for colleagues periods of leave. Participate in audit and continuing medical education. Contribute to the training of junior medical staff and medical students. Be involved in research and teaching where appropriate. Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Season Ticket Loan
- NHS discounts for staff
- Excellent Training facilities and opportunities
- Buying and Selling annual leave scheme
- The opportunity to work bank shifts and expand knowledge and experience in other areas
- Salary Sacrifice schemes including lease cars and Cycle to Work
- MBBS or equivalent medical qualification
- Eligible for full registration with the GMC at time of appointment. and Section 12 (2) approval under the Mental Health Act 1983.
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- Evidence of achievement of Foundation competencies by time of appointment in line with GMC standards in Good Medical
- Evidence of achievement of ST1/CT1 competences in psychiatry at time of application and likelihood of achieving CT2 competences in psychiatry by the start date of the post.
- Experience of working with children, young people and families or child and adolescent mental health services.
- Relevant specialty clinical knowledge: capacity to apply sound clinical knowledge relevant to the job and specialty
- Clinical judgement: experience in making clinical decisions and managing risk. Knows when to seek help, able to prioritise clinical need
- Practical skills: shows aptitude for practical skills, required in the job.
- Proven ability to work effectively in different clinical settings required in the job.
- Commitment to clinical governance / improving quality of patient care.
- Clinical governance: Capacity to be alert to dangers or problems. Demonstrates awareness of good decision making. Aware of own limitations. Track record of engaging in clinical governance: reporting errors, learning from errors.
- Audit: evidence of active participation in audit
- Teaching: evidence of interest and experience in teaching where required in the job.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Knowledge and experience of conducting cognitive assessments is desirable.
Essex Partnership University NHS Foundation TrustAddress
St Aubyn Centre
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.