Do you enjoy working with children, young people and families?
We are seeking an enthusiastic and motivated Dietitian to join our friendly team of Paediatric Dietitians. You would be working alongside a Band 7 Dietitian to expand the Dietetic Service for Children and Young People with Eating Disorders (inpatient and outpatient settings alongside the ED multidisciplinary team), and providing general paediatric dietetic care to inpatients and outpatients including nutrition support, allergy and gastro.
We can offer many learning and shadowing opportunities to develop your skills if you are relatively new to Paediatrics, but would also be delighted to hear from you if you are an experienced dietitian looking for a new challenge. We are able to provide funding for relevant Paediatric Training including Paediatric Module (s) depending on your individual requirements.Main duties of the job
We are currently a team of 4 Paediatric Dietitians, and have support from Dietetic Support Workers in addition to Team secretarial / admin support.
Your caseload will include assessing and providing Dietetic care to infants, children and young people with a wide range of health conditions as well as supporting parents and carers. This is an excellent opportunity to join a highly innovative Team and to develop the skills to cover many aspects of the Paediatric Dietetic Service, which encompasses close MDT working with many agencies, including CAMHS, and social services in order to provide an effective, safe and seamless service.
We provide placements for Student Dietitians, in association with the University of Plymouth, and provide training for many acute and community-based colleagues including Health Visitors, GPs, Nurses and Paediatricians.About us
Why work with us - Torbay Hospital provides acute care for the local community and has several community hospitals, and is a hot-spot for those who are considering living by the sea or within half an hour of Dartmoor National Park and an hour to Exmoor National Park. Meanwhile, Plymouth and Exeter are also both within a short drive to enjoy the culture, maritime history and shopping experiences.
The Paediatric Team is part of the wider Dietetic Team (over 23wte Registered staff) including Acute, Community, Diabetes, Weight Management and Cancer Services.
The team is flexible and promotes a healthy work/home life balance. Therefore, your package with us includes a lot more than just your pay. Listed are a few of the additional benefits that are available to you as an employee:
- NHS Pension Scheme
- Childcare at our day nursery
- Generous Holiday Entitlement, starting at 27 days a year (for full time workers) plus bank/public holidays
- Staff Discounts
- Career development and training opportunities
- Employee Support - Staff have access to a 24-hour helpline
Our people are caring, committed, inclusive and focussed on quality. We focus on solutions and people's strengths. We encourage outside the box thinking and embrace innovation and change wherever it can drive improvement.
If you share our values and vision and are passionate about working with people on what matters to them, you could be a real assed to Team Torbay and South Devon.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see our attached job description and person specification form for full details. #caretojoinusPerson SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- BSc Dietetics or equivalent
- Post grad study in Paediatric Dietetics
- HCPC registration in Dietetics
- Post grad study in specialist areas of paediatric dietetics eg allergy, neonatal
- Behaviour change training
- Member of a specialist group of BDA e.g. Paediatrics / Mental Health / FAISG
- Audit and Research Experience
- Clinical educators' course
- Post qualification experience in paediatric dietetics
- Clinical supervisory skills training
- Previous experience of developing a service or quality improvement initiative
- Ability to travel between sites or visit patients at home
- Good knowledge of current clinical guidelines and frameworks relevant to paediatric dietetics
- Evidence of participation in audit projects
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience of developing a service or planning and delivering health initiatives
Torbay and South Devon NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.