MHST's are a new service designed to support children and young people with mild to moderate mental health and emotional wellbeing difficulties within education settings. We are a multidisciplinary team made up of Children and Young People's Mental Health Practitioners and Education Mental Health Practitioners.
MHSTs aims to:
- Support children and young people with mild to moderate mental health problems through evidence-based interventions
- Support schools in developing their whole school approach to mental health
- Provide timely advice to school staff and to liaise with other services to help children and young people get the right help and stay in education.
Mid Essex supports up to 36,000 young people across a variety of different education settings.
The post-holder will be a graduate qualified health care professional and ideally have formal CBT training for example:
- Education Mental Health Practitioner (EMHP)
- Children Wellbeing Practitioner (CWP)
- Improving Access to Psychological Therapies (IAPT)
- Children and Young People-IAPT (CYP-IAPT)
- Qualified CBT Therapist
Or will have substantial Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service (CAMHS) clinical experience. The candidate should be eligible for registration as a full member of the appropriate professional body (e.g. HCPC, NMC)
The role of Senior Mental Health Practitioner will cover Mid Essex (Braintree, Chelmsford and Maldon) and we currently have vacancies for 2 WTE.Main duties of the job
The responsibilities of the Senior Mental Health Practitioner are:
- To work in partnership with schools, children, young people, and families in the development of plans for the intervention and agreed outcomes.
- To support and deliver CBT to the CYP either within a group setting or on an individual basis.
- To support and provide groups for parents/guardians/carers of the CYP within the MHST
- To support and provide Whole School Approaches
- To confidently and effectively manage a caseload of Children and Young People (CYP) with mild to moderate emotional wellbeing and mental health difficulties.
- Provide supervision and caseload management to Education Mental Health Practitioners (EMHPs)
- To undertake further educational development as part of the role.
- To work as part of a Multidisciplinary team across the MHST and with other professionals
- Being able to work as part of a team and autonomously.
- To ensure that there is accurate documentation, and that Routine Outcome Measures are completed.
- Appropriately raise safeguarding concerns were identified and to support colleagues with this process.
Starting with NELFT
NELFT place a great deal of importance on new starters being properly welcomed and inducted into the Trust. All new starters will join the Trust on the first Monday of each month and will undertake a comprehensive induction of up to two weeks which will include mandatory training, systems training and the allocation of equipment. As part of the process new starters will have the opportunity to also meet the executive team, senior managers and attend a number of drop in sessions focusing in engagement, health and wellbeing and key processes. The induction will be held at our head office in Rainham, Essex.
This post will be subject to a probationary period. Internal applicants are exempt from the probationary period (unless you are an internal applicant currently part way through a probationary period or currently a bank member of staff). Base:
The role requires the candidate to be able to work agilely being within the Educational settings and in a NELFT base. The base for Mid Essex is located at Stapleford House in Chelmsford.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nX8CImoDX8Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see person specification and job description for full details and responsibilities required for this role.Person SpecificationQualificationEssential
- Successful completion of a graduate training (e.g. nursing, social work, occupational therapy, EMHP, CWP) or equivalent substantial CAMHS clinical experience.
- To be eligible for registration as a full member of the appropriate professional body (e.g. HCPC, NMC) where appropriate
- To have completed formal CBT training (e.g. CYP-IAPT)
- Experience delivering CBT interventions to CYP and their families
- Experience running therapy groups and/or training events
- Experience of working with schools to support CYP emotional well-being needs
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to confidently liaise with a variety of professional (Educational settings, Social Care, Charities etc...)
- The applicant must have 2 years post qualification experience in an equivalent role
NELFT North East London Foundation TrustAddress
Mid Essex (covering Braintree/Chelmsford & Maldon areas)
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.