The post holder/s will initially be allocated one of the above wards but will be expected to work between the Elective Surgery Pathway which includes Ward 11, 21 and occasionally Ward 20 ( Daycase Unit).
Ward 11 is a 14 bedded short stay surgical ward with 4 admission trolleys and a small discharge lounge.
It supports patients who have undergone planned surgery who require to stay in hospital for 1-2 nights to aid recovery.
There will be a wide range of specialties including Urology, Colorectal, Upper GI, ENT, Breast and Gynaecology, Radiology and Gastro.
Ward 21 is a busy 23 bedded surgical ward with a number of these being monitored beds. It supports the more complexed surgical procedures that require a longer recovery time in hospital.
In addition to the specialities above, Ward 21 has also started to take Head and Neck patients including Osteotomy procedures which is a massive step in creating the capacity in Intensive Care Unit and developing the skills and knowledge of the staff on the ward.
Applicants do not need previous experience but do need to show an interest in these areas of practice and a commitment to the service in delivering quality compassionate and individual care to patients.
A structured preceptorship period of training and development will be provided with the support of a preceptor.Main duties of the job
The post holder will be responsible for assessment of care needs, the implementation and evaluation of care of surgical patients.This will include working closely with the multidisciplinary team involved in care of the patients. Summary of most important Skills/Qualifications/Qualities required:RGN Excellent communication and interpersonal skillsAbility to manage time and prioritise workload
Able to work under pressure
Compassionate and diligentCapable of multidisciplinary team workEnthusiasticCaring with good listening skills.Informal Enquiries to: Sister Svara Razak or Sister Rebecca on 01274 364377. Info
We can offer staff gymnasiums on both hospital sites, excellent pension scheme and advice on childcare. Closing Date: 04.12.23 (This date may change dependent on the response)About us
At Bradford Teaching Hospitals we're passionate about providing outstanding care for the people of the Bradford district and communities across the North of England. We're keen to meet people interested in sharing our passion and helping us continue to deliver the highest quality of care to our patients.
We're a renowned teaching hospital trust at the forefront of research, education and development, with a state-of-the-art simulation and skills training centre on site.
In short, we can help you lift your career to the next level. We've received huge investment to improve patient care which means we have truly world-class facilities including a brand new neonatal suite, state-of-the-art intensive care unit, a newly refurbished A& E department, new children's unit and a welcoming, modern atrium and reception area for staff and visitors.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please refer to the attached Job Description and Person Specification for more information about the role.Person SpecificationExperienceDesirable
- Previous experience in surgery
- Demonstrate interest/desire/understanding of vascular surgery
- Additional relevant experience
- Good verbal and written command of English.
- Ability to plan own time and that of junior staff, use own initiative and act independently within the bounds of existing knowledge and skills
- Ability to assess patient needs and plan, implement and evaluate care appropriately
- Good understanding of the fundamental aspects of nursing care: oNutrition and hydration oDignity and respect oPain management oMedications management oPressure area care oInfection control oSafeguarding Vulnerable People
- Good understanding of common conditions such as diabetes and dementia. Including the physical, psychological and emotional needs of the patient.
- Understands the limits of the job role. Has the knowledge to recognise situations that require reporting and demonstrates the ability to escalate to a senior person where appropriate.
- Understanding of current National, Regional and Local nursing issues
- UK Registered Nurse (Adult Nursing) **
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Evidence of recent and Continuous Professional Development
- Relevant specialist training
Bradford Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.