An excellent opportunity has arisen to come and join our dynamic Occupational Therapy team based in the East of Surrey.
We have developed innovative ways of delivering occupational therapy in Community Mental Health Recovery Services to support people in their individual recovery journey including a variety of occupationally focused programmes. The post constitutes a 50% delivery of Occupational Therapy interventions and a 50% of care coordination/lead professional for people with occupational needs.
The post will include delivering both individual and group occupational therapy interventions within a clear care pathway, these interventions include:
- Occupation Matters Programme - a 20-week group which utilises Lifestyle Redesign principles
- Recovery through Occupation - a 6-week group which uses the Re-Motivation process to improve an individual's motivation and social skills
- New Horizons - our occupational therapy led discharge pathway
- Individual occupational therapy
- Comprehensive occupational therapy assessments
The occupational therapy leadership team is committed to offeringextensive, co-ordinated CPD programmes including a robust supervision structure, care group meetings, Trust wide and core competence training and an annual conference.
The candidate must have a full and valid driving licence and access to a vehicle for work purposes due to the community element of this role.Main duties of the job
- To communicate effectively with people who access services, carers, the multi-disciplinary team and when appropriate outside agencies.
- To contribute to the generic functioning of the team.
- To provide supervision and mentoring to more junior occupational therapists, occupational therapy apprenticeships, support workers and activities coordinators (as appropriate)
- To provide occupational therapy student placements.
- To contribute to service development and audits.
- To take on the role of lead professional as appropriate.
This exciting opportunity is offered within our community mental health services and will be based primarily within East Surrey with part of the role being based at Reigate CMHRS. The post holder however, may be expected to work within all surrounding community services, as need arises.
In addition to your Occupational Therapist role you will also be expected:
- To contribute to the rapid response function within the service.
- To complete New Patient Assessments for people referred to the service.
- To practice within the Positive Risk-Taking Framework.
- To be the lead professional when delivering generic work, such as risk management, referring to specialist services, stabilisation, low intensity interventions, to people who access services with have complex needs.
Surrey and Borders Partnership NHS Foundation Trust is the leading provider of health and social care services for people of all ages with mental ill-health and learning disabilities in Surrey and North East Hampshire. We also provide social care services for people with a learning disability in Croydon and ASD and ADHD assessment services in Hampshire.
We actively seek to engage people who use our services and our communities in improving the mental wellbeing of the local population. We work closely with other NHS and voluntary sector organisations who provide services and support people who use services and carers.
Surrey is a beautiful county lying just 30 minutes away from Central London and from the South Coast.
Our historic market towns and bustling districts are enveloped in wonderful countryside, and our excellent road and rail networks bring the rest of the country within easy reach.
For international travel, both Gatwick and Heathrow airports are nearby. Please note that we reserve the right to close posts as soon as sufficient applications are received. Working from home contracts do not attract high cost area payments.
We look forward to receiving your application!Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please check the job description and personal specification document for more information on the requirement for this jobPerson SpecificationStatutory RequirementsEssential ExperienceEssential
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Relevant post qualification clinical experience
- Experience of using multiple occupational frames of reference and approaches
- Experience of using relevant occupational therapy assessment and implementing interventions
- Experience in applying knowledge of the impact of health and disability on occupational performance, participation and identity
Surrey and Borders Partnership NHS Foundation TrustAddress
St Matthew's Rd
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.