York and Scarborough Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust is on the look-out for talented, caring, enthusiastic staff nurses to join our Nurse Bank.
Not only do you get the opportunity to expand and develop your skills in different clinical areas, you also have the option to work across the Trust at our hospitals in York, Scarborough, Bridlington, Selby and Easingwold, as well as our wider community teams.
You are required to hold a paediatric professional NMC registration for this role.
For information about joining the bank in a different role please contact the bank office on 01723 385080
Please note that all workers on a bank contract are required to meet a minimum number of hours in order to keep their bank contract active. The current requirements are 45 hours worked in a six month period, this is an average of one shift per month.
On the Bank we can accommodate long lines of work i.e. block bookings and we can look to specific area's to support bank Staff Nurses in expanding their knowledge and experiences.Main duties of the job
Main duties of the job
- Maintain a high standard of patient focused care in accordance with York and Scarborough Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust policies and procedures
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment
- Provide assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of nursing care for patients, ensuring accurate written records are kept.
- Communicate with patients and carers to ensure they have access to appropriate information.
- Promote and maintain positive relationships between all staff involved in the care of the patient
- Act in accordance with the Nursing and Midwifery Council Code of Conduct
- Undertake duties on different wards/departments as and when required by service demands
- Demonstrate personal responsibility for compliance with infection control policies and procedures
- Education and Training
York & Scarborough Teaching Hospitals Foundation Trust provides a comprehensive range of acute hospital, community & specialist healthcare services.
The benefits of working on the Bank are
Job descriptionJob responsibilities For more information please see the job description attached Armed Forces Friendly Employer
- Weekly or Monthly Pay Frequency
- 4.96% bank premium paid on top of AfC rates
- 12.07% paid annual leave premium
- Unsocial hours pay
- Pay increments
- Flexibility to pick and choose your shifts
- Book your own shifts online from home PC, mobile or tablet
- No start up costs - DBS and uniforms provided free of charge
- Paid Mandatory training in line with Trust policy
- Entry to NHS pension scheme
- Access to certain Trust benefits and discount.
We are holders of the Gold Award from the Defence Employer Recognition Scheme, which is helping actively promote SaBRE - Supporting Britains Reservists and Employers. This means that York Teaching Hospital has provided its statement of intent to support all Defence personnel and we welcome their application to work for us. Disability Confident and Mindful Employer
The Trust is committed to meeting the needs of employees and applicants with a disability or mental health condition. Our support for these schemes includes encouraging applications from people who are disabled or have a mental health condition, offering adjustments to make our application process accessible.Person SpecificationQualificationEssential
- Registered Children's Nurse
- oAbility to demonstrate experience in a range of clinical settings
- odemonstrate working with a wide range of professionals
- oWillingness to undertake continued professional development within the clinical area
- oUnderstanding training needs in relation to post
Desirable Special KnowledgeEssential
- oAbility to communicate effectively with a multi-disciplinary team oAbility to teach, supervise and assess qualified and unqualified staff oTime management skills
- oInsight into current issues in nursing/ professional issues oStandards of professional practice
Employer detailsEmployer name
- oInsight into clinical speciality
York and Scarborough Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Scarborough and York Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.