We are looking for a highly motivated and experienced therapy radiographer with proven clinical, supervisory skills to join the team of clinical specialists to provide a multi-disciplinary approach to develop the radiotherapy service.
You would be expected to work with the clinical specialists to lead on service development day to day treatment delivery and management of staff on the Maidstone site.
The Kent oncology Centre has a commitment to the development of all staff including the support and training for radiographer led services and site specialism.
You would be required to work across sites, frequency and working pattern to be determined with the other team members.
Opportunities to be involved in service development would be encouraged.Main duties of the job
To provide a senior radiotherapy presence on the Maidstone site and any geographicallyco located devolved units.To lead locally on the Equipment Replacement Programme.To manage operational issues including managing National Cancer Targets, patientcomplaints, incidents and all clinical activities.To act as a resource for all radiotherapy staff and line manage all radiotherapy staff onthe Maidstone site including Research radiotherapy staff.Be recognised as a clinical expert in radiotherapy treatment, developing clinical practice,giving expert advice and disseminating knowledge to the radiotherapy team, OncologyCentre Trust and Nationally.To liaise with other managers within the Maidstone and Canterbury departments in orderto provide a patient focused service.To lead a team of radiotherapists on the treatment units ensuring all treatments areperformed according to trust and department policy within the quality environment.To ensure that the working practices are consistent with the centre's strategic plan andmeet professional and locally agreed standards.Ensure the ongoing development and training of staff and act as an assessor for postgraduate staff competencies working with the Practice educator.Provide a multi-disciplinary approach to service development and provisionAbout us
Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells NHS Trust is a large acute hospital Trust in the county of Kent.
The Trust provides a full range of general hospital services and some areas of specialist complex care to around 760,000 people living in the south part of West Kent and the north part of East Sussex.
The Trust's core catchment areas are Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells and their surrounding boroughs. We work from two main clinical sites: Maidstone Hospital and Tunbridge Wells Hospital at Pembury. Tunbridge Wells Hospital opened in 2011 and provides single rooms with en-suites for all in-patients - the first of its kind in the country.
We employ more than 7,000 full and part-time staff in a huge range of clinical and non-clinical roles across both of our hospital sites.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Once your pre-employment checks have been completed you will be contacted by Recruitment to arrange your start date which will be in line with one of our Corporate Inductions.
Please note that appointment to this post will be subject to a satisfactory Disclosure & Barring Service Check at Enhanced Level. (Enhanced level now includes regulated checks against vulnerable adults and children)
At MTW, we seek to develop a culture where everyone can reach their full potential with opportunities to grow and develop their career. We recognise and value the unique contributions that each of our staff bring, delivering the best quality care and service to our patients. We are committed to being a diverse employer and strive to reflect everyone in our local communities. We welcome applications from people of diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experiences and celebrate the diversity of thought, viewpoints and ideas that will make our Trust the best place to work. Interview Date:TBC Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- To be qualified to either DCR(T) or BSc Radiotherapy.
- Registered Radiographer - operator, referrer and practitioner.
- Management qualifications
- Post graduate qualification at 'M' level or working towards.
- Evidence of working at 'M' level
- Demonstrates experience of CPD
- Previous management experience
- Range of clinical experience
- To have worked in a clinical environment
- Have worked within a multi-disciplinary team
- Knowledge of relevant national standards
- Knowledge of National Cancer waiting targets
- Knowledge of NHS and Cancer plan
- Knowledge of Trust and Centre strategic plan
- Knowledge of academic / educational training requirements.
- Knowledge of national, local and Trust policies for all aspects of radiotherapy services
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to drive service development
- Knowledge of radiotherapy techniques including Brachytherapy.
- Ability to teach and train all level of staff clinically.
- Previous supervisory experience
- Experience on computerised treatment associated equipment
- Knowledge of whole range of radiotherapy service and associated organisations.
- Demonstrate presentation skills
- Legible handwriting
- Leadership skills
- Able to work under pressure and to cope with stressful situations.
Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells NHS TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.