The interview date for this post is 11th December 2023
We currently have a group of highly experienced Dermatology nurses and are looking to expand our team.
Dermatology is a specialist area within the NHS, which offers opportunity to be the best that you can be in an environment that values participation and welcomes enthusiasm. The successful candidate will be fully supported and have opportunities to extend knowledge, skills and education within Dermatology.
We are looking for an experienced, enthusiastic and motivated nurse to join the dermatology nursing services in Barnsley. This is an exciting nursing appointment and will work in close collaboration with Lead nurse, Clinical nurse specialist in drug monitoring, Cancer nurse specialist and clinicians to support our vision of a fully integrated Dermatology service.Main duties of the job
The post holder will be responsible for helping to develop aspects of the Dermatology service including phototherapy, physical and psychological assessment, symptom management, health promotion and lifestyle education to support shared decision making and self-management. Working as a team within the multidisciplinary team.
The nursing team undertakes Nurse Led outpatient clinics including phototherapy, iontophoresis for hyperhidrosis, nurse led minor surgery sessions, Photodynamic therapy, Leg ulcer assessment, cosmetic camouflage and acne clinics. The Clinical nurse specialist is involved in Biologics clinic and systemic drug monitoring clinics. The Skin cancer nurse specialist is a key contact for patients diagnosed with a skin cancer, supporting, educating patients to self-monitor Attends the MDT on a weekly basis.About usPlease note that the Trust reserves the right to close a position early.
Barnsley Hospital NHS Foundation Trust is a high performing Trust achieving a Good rating in our most recent Care Quality Commission (CQC) assessment and achieving significant progress in the delivery of our strategic objectives. We are proud of the commitment of our staff to ensuring a strong and sustainable future for this organisation which is highly valued by our local communities.
There has never been a better time to join Barnsley Hospital. It is moving at pace and a we can do this attitude is evident right through the organisation, where staff are engaged for change and committed to being part of the journey to sustainability and growth.
Barnsley Hospital NHS Foundation Trust is committed to promoting equality of opportunity and fair treatment to all applicants regardless of race, nationality, ethnic origin, gender, marital status, mental or physical disability, religion or belief, sexual orientation, age or offending history.
The cost of the DBS (criminal records check) for Band 6 and above roles only will be met by the successful candidate(s) through salary deduction.Certificates of Sponsorship
We welcome applications from individuals who may require sponsorship under the skilled worker or health & care visa route.
**Please note funding for travel and associated relocation costs may not be covered by the Trust**
Please see further details below.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesJob Description for 1758
Please refer to the attached Job Description and Person Specification for full details of the role and responsibilities.Supporting Documents
Please refer to the values-based recruitment guidance and associated documentation. Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Nurse prescriber or willing to work towards.
- Mentoring, teaching and assessing qualification or willing to work towards.
- 1st level registered.
- Specialist post-registration qualification in dermatology.
- Evidence of education and development towards degree level.
- Minor surgery skills or working towards.
- Recognised leadership development programme attendance.
Knowledge and AwarenessEssential
- Extensive post registration experience with significant experience in a dedicated dermatology service.
- Proven track record of working independently.
- Increased scope of practice.
Skills and AbilitiesEssential
- Current healthcare issues.
- Healthcare Commission Standards for better Health.
- Quality audit and its application.
- Current healthcare issues.
- Statutory and professional requirements.
- Health and Safety.
- Risk management and NHSLA.
- Clinical Governance.
- Quality benchmarking.
- Research and Development.
- Infection Control.
- Effective interpersonal/communication skills.
- Effective decision making skills.
- Effective influencing.
- Ability to monitor, maintain and improve service delivery.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Change management.
- Demonstrable team working skills.
- Demonstrable influencing skills.
- Develop specialised programmes of dermatology nursing care.
- Develop specialist protocols.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- In around 100 words please describe what Equality & Diversity means to you and why they are important.
- In around 100 words please state what are the trust values and describe how would you implement them on a daily basis.
Barnsley Hospital NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.