Blackpool Fylde and Wyre frequent attenders team are seeking to recruit a Band 6 Community Mental Health Practitioner to the team.
This post gives the opportunity for a forward thinking and experienced individual to provide comprehensive assessments and develop collaborative care plans with service users and other agencies and signpost to other community services wherever necessary. For service users already open to mental health services you will work collaboratively with the care teams to develop robust care plans that multi agencies are involved with to support the person and prevent crisis. If service users are unknown you will case manage for a short period of time to enable referrals to the relevant organisation/agency.
Please note that a job share would be considered of two posts of 18.75hrs.Main duties of the job
You must be a registered mental health practitioner, with excellent leadership and clinical skills and be able to think on your feet with regards to effectively managing risk.
You must have significant post qualification experience in clinical work with service users experiencing a range of mental health problems, ideally experience in working with service users with a diagnosis of personality disorder.
You need to be able to work as part of a multidisciplinary team and have experience of assessing, planning and implementing and reviewing care needs.
You will also need to have a working knowledge of the care programme approach, risk assessment and management, and the ability to explore issues relating to the impact of health and social needs on mental health and well-being.About us
Lancashire & South Cumbria NHS Foundation Trust provides a range of services including secondary mental health care across this area. Specialist provision comprises inpatient child and adolescent mental health services, perinatal mental health and forensic services including low and medium secure care.
The Trust also provides a range of physical health and well-being services in the community alongside a range of partners in the Lancashire, Cumbria and Sefton area.
Lancashire & South Cumbria Foundation Trust encourages flexible working, we believe that a positive work/life balance benefits NHS employees through improved health and wellbeing. We would consider working patterns such as term time, part time, compressed hours, flexi-time and career breaks. We encourage applicants to state clearly on their application forms this request and discuss these options at interview.
For more information please visit our website via Lancashire & South Cumbria NHS FT.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
For more details on this vacancy please review the attached job description and person specification.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Registered Mental Health Practitioner
- Able to understand the difference between crisis planning and contingency planning and able to formulate explicit planning in these areas
- Knowledge, understanding and experience of the care pathways for psychosis and non psychosis and relevant interventions
- Effective communication with service users, carers and members of the multidisciplinary teams. Strong customer service and negotiation skills
- Can do attitude, positive outlook, team player
- Understanding of how physical illness and substance misuse can affect the mental health of individuals
- Knowledge of Safeguarding procedures, Criminal Justice procedures, Mental Health legislation, guidance and processes
- Able to demonstrate high level problem solving skills, ability to prioritise work, flexibility, good time management skills, commitment to continuous development of service
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Motivational skills
- Assertiveness skills in relation to bed management
- Demonstrate the ability to work sensitively in a non judgemental way with service users who are in crisis
- Able to work autonomously within the community
- Shows ability to manage own stress levels effectively
- IT skills
- Ability and skills in undertaking robust psycho social urgent assessments of mental health service user needs
Lancashire & South Cumbria NHS Foundation TrustAddress
The Gateway, Blackpool Football Stadium
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.