An exciting opportunity has arisen for the appointment of a Full Time Band 6, Lead Practitioner within theatres to join the Emergency Team based at Doncaster Royal Infirmary (rotation to other sites may be required)
The applicant must be a qualified Operating Department Practitioner/Registered Nurse , with current registration, and at least 2 years' theatre experience as band 5, with the ability to assist with open and laparoscopic surgery. There is a requirement for dual role for this post.Main duties of the job
As a key member of the multi-disciplinary team the post holder will be responsible for ensuring the provision of high standards of perioperative clinical practice and individualised patient care by demonstrating an advanced standard of clinical skills underpinned by theory.
As a senior clinical member of the Emergency Team, you will support with the development of the team and visiting students, through education and mentorship and therefore a mentorship qualification or equivalent is essential.
The applicant will be able to demonstrate an awareness and understanding of current professional issues including research, have successfully completed or working towards a degree in Health Care as a minimum and be able to evidence this through a current portfolio.About us
Doncaster & Bassetlaw NHS FT is one of Yorkshire's Leading acute trusts, serving a population of more than 420,000 across South Yorkshire, North Nottinghamshire, and the surrounding areas. Our services are based over three main hospital sites employing over 6,000 colleagues.
It is our goal to give those who join Team DBTH the tools and opportunities to grow their career, so whether you spend just one year or fifty with us, it's our pledge to help youDevelop
As an organisation that supports flexible working, we want to be sure that you can work in a way that is best for us and for our patients, and for you. Speak to us about how we might be able to support a flexible working arrangement. If it works for the service, we will do our best to make it work for you.
As an equal opportunities employer, we encourage applicants from all sectors of the community, particularly from under-represented groups including those with disabilities, members of our ethnic minorities and LGBTQ+ communities. We offer a range of benefits including:
o Extensive range of learning opportunitieso NHS Pension Schemeo Generous holiday entitlement commencing at 27 days holiday per year plus bank holidays (pro rata).o Comprehensive health and wellbeing supporto NHS Car Lease schemes and a range of salary sacrifice schemeo Discounts on restaurants, getaways, shopping and finance through external providers.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see attached to the advert a job description and person specification for further details. Please ensure you read both documents carefully.Please note, if your application is successful you will be required to present original certificates of qualifications that are listed in the person specification under essential.Person SpecificationExperienceEssential
- oMinimum of 2 years at Band 5 Theatre Practitioner
- oScope roles/competencies relevant to speciality
- oEvidence of department management under supervision
- Demonstration of knowledge and skills in required speciality / specialities.
- oAble to work across Anaesthetic/and Surgical duties.
- oEvidence of research based practice
- oRGN with current registration/NVQ 3 ODP/C& G752
- oDegree or currently working towards
- oDemonstrate professional post-registration development
- Have D32/33 997/998 or equivalent teaching qualification.
- oParticipation in management / leadership courses.
- oTo gain the ALS certificate within 18 months
- oDemonstrate a caring manner with an understanding disposition.
- oBe interested and committed to caring for people from any type of cultural and environmental background or illness.
- oDemonstrate good verbal and written communication skills with multi-disciplinary team/client/relatives.
- oDemonstrate a positive attitude.
- Speaks positively and confidently, conveying clear messages to a wide range of listeners
- Conveys written information clearly and accurately to a wide range of recipients
- Seeks to develop an understanding of different groups and individuals and ensures equitable and appropriate treatment for all
- Demonstrates clear commitment to the team approach exchanging ideas and providing support to colleagues
- Embraces responsibility for identifying sound and effective solutions to a variety of different problemsMaking Decisions Embraces responsibility for identifying sound and effective solutions to a variety of different problems
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Embraces responsibility for identifying sound and effective solutions to a variety of different problems
Doncaster & Bassetlaw Teaching Hospitals NHS FTAddress
Doncaster Royal Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.