University Hospital Bristol and Weston are looking for enthusiastic, motivated individuals with a flexible approach to be part of our General Theatres, Bristol Royal Infirmary.
We are currently looking for new enthusiastic team members to work alongside our multi-disciplinary team as a band 5 working up to 37.5 hours a week, with Anaesthetic and scrub skills
Hey Groves Theatres has 6 theatres with a range of specialities including Limb reconstruction, Thoracic, Trauma Orthopaedics, max fax, Upper GI, Lower GI, Gynae, HPB, and a designated CEPOD list.
Hey Groves also has the Da Vinci Robot in place for robotic surgery across a variety of specialities supported in the trust.
The working pattern you would be expected to fulfil within your working hours up to 37.5 will include a range of shifts as well as nights and weekends
Ideally the applicant will have skills or knowledge in all areas of theatres including scrub, recovery and anaesthetics, but relevant training will be provided. Eagerness to learn is essential, along with flexibility and a team working approach. Newly Qualified can also apply.Main duties of the job
- In partnership with other professionals and disciplines, develop measurable patient care plans/goals. The process should include assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of patient care from admission to timely transfer or discharge.
- Take charge of the clinical needs of a group of defined patients on the ward /department prioritising workload according to changing clinical need over a 24 period.
- Work towards regularly taking charge of the ward/department on occasion prioritising workload according to changing clinical need over a 24 period.
- Delegate tasks and activities to a range of team members in relation to patient care (for example when taking charge or as link nurse)
- Ensure nursing documentation is maintained, accurate and timely in line with the Trust standard
- To demonstrate awareness and compliance with Trust policies, procedures, guidelines and standards. To work towards promoting this to others.
- Promote and maintain a safe environment for patients
- Administer medicines in accordance with Trust policy.
- Promote a clean environment and the prevention of hospital acquired infection
- Respond positively and act promptly to resolve problems/issues for patients/carers, utilising complaints procedures and PALs where appropriate.
University Hospitals Bristol and Weston NHS Foundation Trust (UHBW) is one of the largest acute Trusts in the country, bringing together a combined workforce of over 13,000 staff and over 100 different clinical services across 10 different sites, serving a core population of more than 500,000 people across South West England. UHBW has been rated by the CQC as 'Good' overall and our staff are proud to deliver excellent care to the people of Bristol, Weston and beyond. As a forward-thinking multi-award winning Trust and a digital exemplar committed to improving patient care, our world-leading research and innovations are having a positive local and global impact. Our hospitals are spread across Bristol and Weston, join us and you can enjoy the very best of both worlds city living within a stone's throw of the countryside or beside the seaside, both with easy access to all that the South West has to offer. UHBW is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. As an equal opportunities employer actively working towards a diverse workforce we aim to recruit and retain a workforce which represents the rich diversity of the local population at all levels and are committed to designing our services around the needs of individual patients and those around them. Anonymous information will be used from your application in order to ensure we're meeting our pledge.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
For a more detailed job description, main responsibilities, and person specification, please refer to the job description document attached to this vacancy.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Registered Nurse level 8 or C or C+G 752/ NVQ level 3 Operating Department Practitioner/ Dip HE in Operating Room Practice
- Anaesthetic qualification
Knowledge and experienceEssential
- Training qualification or equivalent experience
- Relevant post registration course
- Experience of caring for sick children in a variety of setting - this could be as a student
Skills and AbilitiesEssential
- Experience of working in the perioperative environment
- Experience of taking charge of an individual theatre
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Good basic level of English language demonstrated through effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to solve problems and use initiative
- Ability to develop own clinical skills and a willingness to participate in continuing professional development
- Competency in medication administration including IV drug administration or willingness to undergo training
- Basic IT skills (e.g. Microsoft packages)
- Ability to take the lead, initiate and ensure appropriate action in response to the deteriorating patient
- Interpersonal skills
- Calm and Supportive
- Motivated and Professional
- Willingness to develop teaching skills
- Able to prioritise and meet deadlines
- Able to manage difficult situations
- Awareness of audit & research
- A team player
- Recognition of own limits
- Flexible working practices to support the service
- Resilient with an awareness that the role can be stressful and emotional at times.
University Hospitals Bristol and Weston NHS Foundation Trust (UHBW)Address
Bristol Royal Infirmary
Upper Maudlin St.
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.