We are looking for a highly motivated, skilled, and hardworking individual to work as a Respiratory and Sleep Physiologist and be involved in all areas of our respiratory and sleep physiology service. We are committed to training and development of our staff and would consider employing the right candidate at band 5 with progression to band 6 after successfully meeting set training objectives.
You will be heavily involved in maintaining the high standards of the existing service but also help to develop and expand the service. You will be required to work across all hospital sites (Basingstoke, Winchester and Andover) but we will prioritise shifts at your preferred location, based on your geography
. You will work within a team of nine Respiratory Physiologists which currently includes, a Clinical Scientist (band 8a), Deputy Lead Respiratory and Sleep Physiologist, Senior Respiratory Physiologist (band 6), Respiratory Physiologist (band 5), Trainee Respiratory Physiologists (x2 band 4), Trainee Respiratory Physiologists (x2 band 3 - one year FTC) and a Trainee Clinical Scientist (band 6 starting Sept 2023).Main duties of the job
As the successful candidate, you will be required to perform and report on a range of routine and specialised lung function and sleep investigations on patients with various respiratory conditions. The service currently offers the below respiratory and sleep diagnostic tests and supports the trusts CPAP service working closely with the respiratory nurse specialist teams. Furthermore, we are establishing a respiratory research portfolio within the department with close collaborations with The University of Winchester which you would be encouraged to be involved in.
- Polygraphy sleep study reporting
- WatchPAT reporting
- CPAP setup
- CPAP FU
- Spirometry +/- bronchial reversibility testing
- Gas transfer
- Static lung volumes (Helium dilution and Body Plethysmography)
- FeNO and nasal FeNO
- Haemoglobin testing (POCT)
- Capillary blood gas sampling
- Respiratory Muscle Function Testing (MIP/MEP/SNIP, seated vs supine VC)
- Bronchial Challenge tests (Mannitol, Methacholine and exercise)
- Skin prick allergy testing
- Six-minute walk tests
- Cardio-pulmonary exercise testing (CPET)
- Hypoxic challenge testing
- Forced Oscillation Technique (FOT)
The Respiratory Physiology service supports private lung function and sleep respiratory clinics at all hospital sites. As such, you have the option to significantly supplement your NHS salary by undertaking private lung function and sleep diagnostic setups outside of your NHS hours.About us
Our vision is to provide outstanding care for every patient. Patient care is at the heart of what we do at our three sites: Basingstoke and North Hampshire Hospital, Royal Hampshire County Hospital in Winchester and Andover War Memorial Hospital. Hampshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust provides medical and surgical services to a population of approximately 600,000 people across Hampshire and parts of West Berkshire.
Our cultural ambition is to have a culture that places people at the heart of all we do, where we all belong, and where learning, improvement and excellence thrive.
We provide specialist services to people across the UK and internationally. We are one of only two centres in the UK treating pseudomyxoma peritonei (a rare form of abdominal cancer) and we are leaders in the field of tertiary liver cancer and colorectal cancer.
The trust employs more than 9,000 staff and has a turnover of over �500 million a year. As a Foundation Trust, we are directly accountable to our members through the governors. The Council of Governors represent the interests of their constituencies and influence the future plans of the Foundation Trust.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
For further details / informal visits contact: email@example.com
Dr Harry Griffin (PhD, HCPC, Lead Respiratory Physiologist, Clinical Scientist in Respiratory and Sleep)Person SpecificationTraining & QualificationsEssential
- BSc Clinical Physiology or BSc Healthcare Science or equivalent (i.e. ARTP Part 1 and 2)
- Have, or in a position to apply for RCCP, AHCS, HCPC Registration or equivalent
Other Specific RequirementsEssential
- ARTP professional qualifications (Full practitioner)
- Minimum 5 year clinical experience
Desirable Experience & KnowledgeEssential
- Valid driving license and use of a vehicle
- Cross site working
- Perform and interpret routine lung function
- Perform specialised respiratory diagnostics
- Ability to follow protocols for both patient testing and equipment maintenance
- Ability to analyse and interpret test data and convey to necessary parties
Skills & AbilityEssential
- Reporting of specialised respiratory diagnostics
- Good written and verbal communication
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Managing people, team-working
Hampshire Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Basingstoke or Winchester or Andover Hospital
Basingstoke or Winchester
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.