Major Trauma Unit - Band 7 Physiotherapist 6 month Fixed term contract, long term sickness cover
NUH Therapy and Rehab Service has as established multi-disciplinary therapy team working on the Major Trauma unit at QMC.. The team comprise of Physiotherapy, Occupational therapy, Speech & Language therapy, Dietetics, consultants, case managers, ACP's and Therapy Support staff.
Due to long term sickness we require a physiotherapist with highly developed clinical skills and a desire to work hard in this frenetic inpatient area, provide clinical leadership and support the in place band 6's / fives and support workers.
Major Trauma is managed in a cluster with the trauma wards and the regional spinal unit so cross covering and mutual support is provided by these teams.Main duties of the job
In addition to the summary below you need to familiarise yourself with the full job description and person specification documents attached to this advert
You will need excellent communication skills to facilitate close working relationships with members of the MDT and Therapy teams
Alongside strong clinical skills you will require skills in audit, service evaluation and development, as well as organisational and time management skills and the ability to motivate yourself and others.
You will assist in the management and support of all other grades of staff within the wider physiotherapy team allowing you to develop your leadership, managerial and teaching skills.
You will support students on their clinical placements.About us
With over 17,000 staff, we are one of the biggest employers in the city with a central role in supporting the health and wellbeing of our local population. We play a leading role in research, education and innovation.Come and join our wonderful team at NUH. We are big believers in diversity and welcome new ideas to help develop our team in order to deliver world class healthcare to the vast patient populations we serve. With endless personal development opportunities available, at NUH we will endeavour to turn your job into a career!We particularly welcome applications from people who identify as Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic, or Disabled, as we are striving to be better represented at NUH.Detailed job description and person specificationPlease refer to the job description and person specification attached to the advert for the full details.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see the attached full Job Description and Personal Specification for further details of this post.
In addition to the summary below you need to familiarise yourself with the full job description and person specification documents attached to this advert. You will need excellent communication skills to facilitate close working relationships with members of multiple speciality MDT and already established Therapy teams across multiple admission pathways.Alongside strong clinical skills across a wide range of specialities, the post holder will require a risk enabling attitude to discharge planning and a good knowledge of rapid comprehensive therapy assessments.You will require skills in audit, service evaluation and development, as well as organisational and time management skills and the ability to motivate yourself and others.You will assist in the management and support of a band 4 generic support worker alongside an Highly Specialist OT allowing you to develop your leadership, managerial and teaching skills.You will require a comprehensive understanding of community services and the ability to build good working relationships with Front Door IDT clinicians to work collaboratively to support complex discharge planning and appropriate follow up for patients care.You will be required to support a project management post to evaluate the effectiveness of the post and identify drivers for change, development of services using best practice guidelines, benchmarking with comparable services and service evaluation.Person SpecificationTraining & QualificationEssential
- Diploma or degree in relevant qualification
- Health and Care Professional Council (HCPC) registration
- Able to maintain a professional portfolio for CPD, recording learning outcomes through participation in internal and external development opportunities
Communication and relationship skillsEssential
- Wide ranging and extensive experience of working within specialist area
- Knowledge of current best practice within a clinical specialty
Analytical and Judgement skillsEssential
- Able to discuss treatment options and recommend best course of intervention to patients and carers using negotiating, persuasive, motivational and reassurance skills
- Communicate complex patient related information effectively to ensure collaborative working with MDT colleagues across health & social care sectors
Planning and organisation skillsEssential
- Analyse information from clinical assessments and make judgements about appropriate interventions for highly complex patients
- Able to make decisions about the treatment needs of highly complex patients
- Lead on the development of improvements in service delivery and clinical practice using evidence based practice to recommend changes
- Able to plan the delivery of a service for a specialist area where there is variable capacity and fluctuating demand
- Able to organise and plan the activity of staff and self
Other requirements specific to the role (e.g. be able to drive or work shiftsEssential
- Able to handle and move complex patients safely and in a way which promotes rehabilitation if applicable.
- Able to use and/or manoeuvre a range of medical devices including, for example, handling/assistive and anthropometric equipment if applicable.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Undertake out of hours duties as required.
- Able to travel to required areas within and beyond the Trust Maintain competence in respiratory care where appropriate
Nottingham University Hospitals NHS TrustsAddress
QMC and City campus
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.