This advert is to mainly fill spaces on our February 2024 course, please only apply if you are available to commence employment January 2024 to March 2024. This doesn't apply to ex-employees rejoining the organisation.
Based in one of the world's most vibrant, diverse and exciting cities, it's no surprise that we're one of the world's busiest ambulance services. Our Paramedics see all walks of London life. For you, it means a career like no other providing excellent patient care in the right place, at the right time.
We strive to provide our patients with the level of care that distinguishes us as a great service provider.
If you'd like to join us in improving our service in London the key skills and experience you will need are:
Main duties of the job
- Qualified Paramedic with HCPC registration
- 2 years post registration experience in clinical practice, or less if progressed through the national fast track programme
- Completion of the NQP period
- Possess a current full manual drivers licence, valid in the UK
- Have no more than 3 penalty points
- Full C1 and driving qualification
- Experience of supervision, mentorship and development of a range of clinical staff in relevant practice settings
- Our organisation is driven by our strategic objectives and organisational values and we look for people who are strongly aligned with them .
- Be accountable for the assessment, treatment, diagnosis, supplying and administering of medicines, managing, discharging and referring patients in a range of urgent, emergency, critical or out of hospital settings.
- Provide effective clinical leadership, development and mentorship to operational personnel, including newly qualified paramedics and students to support the delivery of a high quality patient centred service.
- Contribute to the development of an integrated approach to the delivery of unscheduled/out of hours care involving all relevant stakeholders including health and social care organisations.
- Undertake the full range of paramedic duties in line with the Trust's operational instructions.
- Protected training and continued professional development through individual learning accounts
- A clinical career path which is well established and expanding
- Enhanced hands on experience across the spectrum in the Service
- In addition you will receive 27 days annual leave rising to 29 days after 5 years and 33 days after 10 years
- Access to NHS Pension scheme
- Salary sacrifice cycle-to-work scheme
- Interest-free travel season ticket loan
- A wide range of NHS discounts
- Access to occupational health and counselling services
Applicants should familiarise themselves with the new NHS pay progression system introduced from 1 April 2019 as well as the 'NHS pay deal' regarding moves from Annex 5 (previously Annex E) to section 2 unsocial hours provision when considering new posts in the NHS. If you are considering applying for a vacancy with London Ambulance Services NHS Trust, please be aware that we encourage applicants tobe fully vaccinated against Covid-19,for all patient facing roles. If successful, you will be asked to confirm your vaccination statusor Medical exemption.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- Carry out paramedic duties commensurate with national clinical practice guidelines and Trust specific PGDs and guidelines.
- Responsible as an autonomous practitioner using local care pathways associated with local initiatives promoting see and treat, where clinically safe to do so, reducing inappropriate conveyance and subsequent ED admission.
- Ability to organise and manage the scene of a complex incident during initial stages until a Manager/Commander arrives. This could involve organising or managing patients, bystanders or other responding services.
- Ensure compliance with medicines management.
- Ensure the prompt, legible and accurate completion of all patient and incident records, providing a full and accurate record of decision making in accordance with the Caldicott principles, current legislation and regulatory framework.
- Communicate effectively demonstrating compassion, particularly when dealing with people who may have difficulty understanding, adapt communication style accordingly in order to overcome barriers.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to an assessment and interview which will consist of a lifting assessment and competency-based questions.
PLEASE ENSURE THAT YOU CLEARLY PROVIDE EXAMPLES OF HOW YOU MEET THE CRITERIA ON THE PERSON SPECIFICATION FOR THIS ROLE BY ADEQUATELY COMPLETING THE SUPPORTING INFORMATION SECTION OF THE APPLICATION FORM. **Terms and Conditions apply
Unfortunately, we are unable to accept applicants from outside of the UK for our qualified paramedic role however, you would would be eligible to apply for our newly qualified paramedic role. If you are an international applicant please email email@example.com for more information and to register your interest.Person SpecificationEducationEssential
Skills/Knowledge & SkillsEssential
- Are you a HCPC Registered Paramedic?
- Demonstrable ability to handle stressful/sensitive situations with tact, diplomacy and assertiveness. Including self-discipline
- Demonstrable ability to analyse, problem solve and make decisions.
- Demonstrable ability to assess and examine patients presenting with a broad range of conditions.
- Demonstrable ability to critically reflect on practice in order to improve patient care, including the future mitigation of errors.
- Demonstrable ability to work autonomously
- Demonstrable detailed understanding of appropriate care pathways, and ability to support mentees in their use.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Do you hold a full manual UK driving licence including vehicle categories C1 and B?
London Ambulance Service NHS TrustAddress
London Ambulance Service
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.