The Medical Specialties Team are looking for a full time enthusiastic Operational Manager to join the team to manage the Diabetes and Endocrine and Rheumatology Department.
These role is crucial to the operational running of the Directorate and as such the successful candidate will need to have some experience as an NHS manager and/or have proven experience of managing patient pathways to meet key access targets. A solid understanding of the NHS is essential.
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual who can balance conflicting priorities and undertake project work across the Directorate. Having experience in managing administration staff, budgets and outpatient targets will be beneficial.
As a key part of the management team, you will be responsible for providing leadership across the Directorate and deputising for the Deputy General and General Managers and Matrons.
In return you will be supported to develop your skills and gain valuable senior management experience. Base Location: Bournemouth (with cross site working) Interview date: TBCMain duties of the job
To understand the role in more detail please read the full job description and person specification documents which are attached to this advertAbout us
UHD are investing in services across the Trust, with many being transformed and developed following merger and the New Hospital Programme.
In some cases this means that a services may move site this year or next, either temporarily or long term. Recruiting Managers interviewing for this role will be happy to answer any specific questions that you have at interview. Job descriptionJob responsibilities
To understand the role in more detail please read the full job description and person specification documents which are attached to this advertPerson SpecificationKnowledgeEssential
- Data protection
- Risk management
- Business planning
Technical Skills CompetenciesEssential
- Working knowledge of hospital systems
- Junior Doctors Rotas
- IT and keyboard skills that support the effective analysis of data and production of reports
- Presentation skills
- Ability to influence staff while behaving confidently and assertively
- Degree or equivalent/relevant 3+ years' experience in an NHS Managerial role
- Management/leadership qualification or experience
- Portfolio evidence of continuous personal and management development
- Evidence of relevant post-basic training
- Minimum of 3 years line management experience
- Working with and delivering on challenging performance targets
- Management of service needs within limited resources (budget management).
- Investigating complaints and adverse incidents
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Working in secondary NHS care
- Performance or capability management of others
University Hospitals Dorset NHS Foundation TrustAddress
University Hospitals Dorset - All Sites
Castle Lane East
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.