This is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic new staff member to join the Obstetrics, Gynaecology and Neonatology Management Team focusing on the management of Gynaecology and Gynaecology Oncology Services.
Working as part of a team of Service Coordinators the post-holder will line manage the Gynaecology service administrative teams as well as the Obstetrics and Gynaecology Secretarial teams. The post-holder will also coordinate activity for all outpatient attendances, inpatient admissions and day case surgery in line with the trust Access Policy, Cancer Waiting time targets and 18 week targets. In addition they will oversee the provision of effective administrative support to the services provided on ward G1 of the Royal Hallamshire Hospital.
With experience of reviewing, redesigning, establishing and building clinically aligned administration teams, ideally in a complex environment applicants must be able to display clear leadership, change management and development skills.
If you have excellent interpersonal skills, analytical skills, tenacity and the ability to engage staff in effective and positive change, this could be an excellent opportunity for you. We are looking for an exceptional candidate who demonstrates a talent for building and maintaining robust and resilient administrative teams and systems.
Please note interviews for this post will take place in mid December.Main duties of the job
Support the Service Managers and Assistant Service Managers for Obstetrics and Neonatology and Gynaecology and Gynaecology Oncology as part of a team Service Coordinators, the post holder will provide senior leadership for the development and delivery of the above services.
The Service Coordinators will coordinate activity between clinical and administrative teams to ensure that immediate service activity demand requirements are met escalating, where required, any challenges in delivering activity in line with contract targets.
You will have demonstrable leadership, management and interpersonal skills and be able to work effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary team (MDT) with clinical and administrative staff at all levels of seniority.
Articulate and highly organised, with proven success in meeting objectives, you will be expected to provide effective supervision and line management of your team. You will have a proven track record of implementing and managing robust systems and processes.
Numerical and logical, you will have information/data gathering and presentation skills, meticulous attention to detail and a systematic and methodical approach to tasks.
Motivated and resilient you will have demonstrable ability to manage your time and your Team's time to meet deadlines, the ability to work autonomously and in a team, and the ability to handle conflict effectively.About us
Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust is one of the UK's busiest and most successful NHS foundation trusts. We provide a full range of local hospital and community services for people in Sheffield, as well as specialist care for patients from further afield, including cancer, spinal cord injuries, renal and cardiothoracic services. In addition to community health services, the Trust comprises five of Yorkshire's best known teaching hospitals.
- The Royal Hallamshire Hospital
- The Northern General Hospital
- Charles Clifford Dental Hospital
- Weston Park Cancer Hospital
- Jessop Wing Maternity Hospital
The Directorate of Obstetrics, Gynaecology and Neonatology is based at the Jessop Wing which is linked to the Royal Hallamshire Hospital. This comprises a Regional Tertiary Maternity Service with a Neonatal Unit of 44 cots. A tertiary Gynae-Oncology service and a diverse Gynaecology Service, which includes an Assisted Conception Unit, complete the services within the Directorate.
You will be working for an organisation which values and respects all of its staff and the community it serves. The Trust is a leader in the NHS and research sectors and provides excellent benefits for its staff. This includes commitments to professional development but also many policies to support employees in balancing their personal and professional lives.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesPlease view the attached Job Description and Person Specification documents for full details regarding this post. When completing your application please ensure that you clearly demonstrate how you meet the role criteria.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Degree / equivalent qualification or experience in relevant field: e.g Business Administration, Hospital / General Management, IT or HR
- Relevant experience of managing administration services
- Relevant experience of administration system design and re-design
- Relevant experience of standard operating procedure development and implementation
- Experience of working closely with senior managers and internal and external stakeholders
- Experience of managing staff and developing teams
- Experience of managing, supporting and developing staff through change
- Experience of forward planning, horizon scanning for problems and troubleshooting under pressure
- Experience of project planning annual cycles of work
- Experience of collating analysing and presenting data
- Experience of implementing Trust or Directorate Policies
- Experience of managing administration services in a healthcare setting
- Experience supporting elective and emergency services
- Experience of working to national targets for the management of patient care with 18 weeks or specific national cancer targets
- A willingness to undertake training as required to deliver the duties of the post
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to develop relationships
- Analytical, a keen eye for detail and a systematic and methodical approach to tasks
- Exceptional organisational and planning skills
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritise effectively in order to meet deadlines
- Highly self motivated and equally able to work autonomously and in a team
- Ability to find creative and simple solutions to complex problems
- Ability to handle conflict effectively and to minimize its escalation
- Competent user of Microsoft office packages
Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Tree Root Walk
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.