We are looking for a dynamic Band 5 to join our busy team.
We provide a very varied service for patients with Corneal conditions which currently includes some children up to very elderly people with sight impairment.
There will be opportunity to learn new Ophthalmic skills in order to progress to a Nurse Practitioner.
You will need to be flexible and eager to learn and able to work in a very busy, but rewarding environment.
You will need to have good communication skills and empathy for people with visual impairment.Main duties of the job
Your main duties will include providing a supportive role to the Lead Nurse Nurse Practitioners and Doctors in clinic and help to run the Excimer Laser lists.
Assisting the Band 4 Assistant practitioners and supporting students on their placements.
Ensuring the safety of patients with visual impairment whilst they are in clinic and patients who need to posture.About us
Liverpool University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust was created on 1 October 2019 following the merger of two adult acute Trusts, Aintree University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust and the Royal Liverpool and Broadgreen University Hospitals NHS Trust.
The merger provides an opportunity to reconfigure services in a way that provides the best healthcare services to the city and improves the quality of care and health outcomes that patients experience.
The Trust runs Aintree University Hospital, Broadgreen Hospital, Liverpool University Dental Hospital and the Royal Liverpool University Hospital.
It serves a core population of around 630,000 people across Merseyside as well as providing a range of highly specialist services to a catchment area of more than two million people in the North West region and beyond.
To hear more about our achievements click herehttps://www.liverpoolft.nhs.uk/media/13089/1606-annual-report-booklet_final.pdf Follow us on Social Media: Facebook - Liverpool University Hospitals Careers Instagram - @LUHFTcareers Twitter - @LUHFTcareersJob descriptionJob responsibilities
Your main responsibilities will include carrying out Ophthalmic Procedures such as Visual acuity, Imaging, recording Intra-ocular pressure, cannulation and intravenous fluorescein angiography for corneal diagnostic purposes
We use a variety of Imaging machines which you will be able to learn to operate.
The Team runs Clinical Trials in conjunction with the Eye Research centre which you can also participate in.
Other duties will include standard operational tasks such as setting up clinic rooms, reporting faulty equipment, and ensuring policies such as infection control and Health and Safety are adhered to.
Participating in Audit and patient feedback surveys.
Reporting any safeguarding issues that you may observe.
Teaching/supporting student nurses and Apprenticeship students.
Assisting with stock control and ordering to ensure supplies are maintained.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Registered Nurse, Current NMC registration
- Diploma in Nursing
- Mentorship / teaching qualification
- Post registration qualification in relevant specialty
- Post registration experience and successful completion of preceptorship
- Ophthalmic experience
- Evidence of maintaining a clinical learning environment
- Evidence of working with students
- Knowledge of current nursing issues and clinical governance
- Demonstrate awareness of own limitations
- Ability to organise workload and delegate tasks appropriately
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to support less experienced staff
- Ability to problem solve
- Good written and verbal communications
- Basic IT skills, including e-mail and word processing
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Supportive of colleagues
- Ability to work in changing environments
- Committed to high standards of patient care
- Exemplary personal standards of conduct and behaviour
- Maintain both personal and professional development
- Willingness to be flexible and adaptable
Liverpool University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust Address
Royal Liverpool Hospital
West Derby Street
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.