16.5 hours - Evenings 17:30 - 23:00 3 x shifts per week
We have an opportunity for enthusiastic and motivated staff nurse to join our district nursing teams within Dudley Community Services. We are looking to recruit nurses who are committed to delivering high standards of care, be able to work as a team player and have the confidence to work independently without direct supervision.
You will provide nursing care to patients within their own homes and clinic settings.
You must have effective communication and interpersonal skills and be prepared to work flexibly and collaboratively to meet the needs of the service and demonstrate a willingness to extend and develop your existing skills, In return, we will offer you development opportunities, clinical supervision and mentorship support and deliver a formal induction programme.Main duties of the job
The post-holder is responsible for the ongoing assessment of care needs and the development, implementation and evaluation of programmes of care. The post holder will carry out all relevant forms of care and will take responsibility for caseload holders in their absence.About us
At the Dudley Group our patients and staff are at the heart of all that we do and that is to provide a world class service that aligns with our vision of excellent health care, improved health for all. We are seeking to recruit staff who share our vision and values of making Dudley Group an incredible workplace.
We are committed to becoming a diverse and an inclusive employer and where people feel sense of belonging. Seeking to expand diversity within our teams, we positively encourage applications from under-represented groups such asethnically diverse,disabled and LGBTQ+ groups. We are also under-represented in-terms of gender within nursing roles and we would welcome applications from people from male and non-binary backgrounds.
Dudley Group offer many opportunities for our staff to develop and grow within their roles through our Learning & OD department. These include topics such as communication, wellbeing, team development, cultural competency, and values, plus much more. For those in a Management/Leadership role, there are additional programmes to support you to develop the skills you need. These include our Managers Essentials Programme and a Leadership Programme that all managers will attend as part of your Dudley Managers Induction. Our Learning Prospectus is a great way to discover the details behind what's available for you here at The Dudley Group.
We are committed to home life balance through flexible working and making reasonable adjustments where possibleJob descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see the attached Job Description and Person Specification for complete details to assist your application for this job role.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- First level Registered Nurse with NMC
Communication & Relationship skillsEssential
- Experience of working in a community setting
- Computer literate
- Substantial post registration experience
- Completion of preceptorship/support skills
Planning & Organisational skillsEssential
- Demonstrates a caring attitude to patient care
- Demonstrates attention to detail
- Must be able to commute to meet the needs of a community staff nurse
- Demonstrates a responsible attitude to their work
- Demonstrates respect for patient dignity
- Able to cope with distressing or emotional circumstances
- Able to cope with some unpredictable work patterns and changing circumstances
- Effective communication skills, verbal and written
- Ability to work within a team and develop others
- Ability to work autonomously
Desirable Equality, Diversity, Incusion and Trust ValuesEssential
- Able to assess, plan, implement and evaluate care
- Good organisational skills
- Ability to prioritise workload
- Ability to manage personal daily caseload
- Able to keep full and accurate records
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Able to provide safe, caring and effective services
- Values and behaviours that reflect the Trust Values of Care, Respect and Responsibility
- Commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace that is free from discrimination and where people feel they belong and their contribution is valued
The Dudley Group NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Brierley Hill Health & Social Care Centre
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.