Looking for work, but need flexibility to fit around your other commitments, then come and join our Medical Bank.
We are looking for motivated, experienced, caring and suitably qualified Consultants to join our Medical Bank. This is an excellent opportunity to gain experience in a number of settings and an opportunity to work within difference sub-specialism and broaden your skills. Working on the bank will allow you to work flexibly, choosing shifts that fit around your availability, family, hobbies and other commitments. That's why working through our Medical Bank is the perfect choice.Main duties of the jobMain duties of the job
Bank work is offered on an 'as and when' basis with no guaranteed hours. The types of shifts available are days, and non-residential on-call (NROC). Longer term placements may also being available depending on the needs of the service. In return we offer:
Please note, you must have at least 6 months experience in an NHS setting in order to proceed with joining our Bank. Due to the terms of a Bank contract, we are unable to meet the UKVI Skilled Worked criteria and therefore unable to provide sponsorship for Visa purposes.About usWe are AWP (Avon and Wiltshire Mental Health Partnership NHS Trust)
- Competitive rates of pay
- Shifts can be allocated through MedicOnDuty or be self-booked through the Medic on line booking system via the BankStaff+
- Choosing shifts based around your availability
- Priority over agency staff for booking shifts
- Paid time to complete statutory and mandatory on-line training.
- Annual leave payment of 12.07% added to your hourly rate
- Assistance with clinical appraisal and revalidation support
- Access to Library and Learning facilities across AWP
- Auto enrolment to the NHS Pension scheme
- Access to NHS staff discounts on a wide variety of goods and services
- Free access to Occupational Health & Employee Support
a diverse organisation with over 5,000 dedicated staff providing inpatient and community-based mental health care. We provide services from a range of locations to approximately 1.8 million people living in Bath and North East Somerset (B& NES), Bristol, North Somerset, South Gloucestershire, Swindon, across the county of Wiltshire.
Our outstanding people promote mental health and wellbeing. The expertise and resources within AWP are dedicated to a person-centred approach for those who use our services and for all employees. We recognise that happy and fulfilled employees give better care.
At AWP we actively encourage applicants from all backgrounds we are particularly keen to encourage applications from people from Black, Asian and minority ethnic backgrounds, those with disabilities and from the LGBTQ+ community. We want people to bring their unique blend of experiences, backgrounds, perspectives and knowledge to AWP, as diversity makes us stronger.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please refer to the accompanying job description for full details on the roles and responsibilities of this post. Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- MB BS or equivalent medical qualification
- Relevant Higher Degree e.g MD,PHD,Msc or other additional clinical qualifications
- MRCPsych OR MRCPsych equivalent approved by the Royal College of Psychiatrists.
- Fully registered with the GMC with a licence to practise at the time of appointment
- Included on the GMC Specialist Register
- Approved clinician status (inpatient posts)
- Approved under S12
- CCT in one of the following, GA, OA, Forensic, CAMHS, LD, Medical Psychotherapy
- Approved Clinician Status (CMHT post)
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience of assessing and treating patients in a community or inpatient setting.
- Experience at Consultant Level
- a minimum of 6 months experience in the NHS
Avon & Wiltshire Mental Health Partnership NHS TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.