An exciting opportunity has arisen for a full time Deputy Service Manager role for Nottingham Children's Hospital.
This will be working as part of the Children's Hospital management team. The post holder will support the Service Managers and Associate Specialty General Managers in the delivery of key performance objectives both strategically and operationally. Responsibilities will include staff line management, delivery of targets and project goals, management of Trust waiting lists, theatres, development of staff and processes.
You will have experience in both leading and delivering projects. You will be able to work under pressure and to deadlines, have good communication and negotiation skills, and excellent planning, time management and organisational skills. You will be able to prioritise your workload and be able to delegate your team's workload throughout the day. You must be able to take on additional responsibility when required and be able use initiative to problem solve existing issues and any potential problems that may arise.Main duties of the job
In addition to the below summary, you need to familiarise yourself with full Job Description and Person Specification documents attached to this advert.
Manage the delivery of key performance objectives both strategically and operationally. Responsibilities will include staff line management, delivery of targets and project goals, management of Trust waiting lists and clinics and development of staff and processes.About us
This Deputy Service Manager post will share management responsibility for the Children's Hospital Services and Admin team with 4 other Deputy Service Managers, with accountability for more than 100 members of staff, so line management experience is essential.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
In addition to the brief list above you must familiarise yourself with the full job description and person specification attached to this advert prior to applying.
The Deputy Service Manager role provides full line management support to teams of SPAs, PPAs and Waiting List Coordinators to ensure that the necessary processes are in place for the different Services andto deliver on Divisional and Trust performance objectives to provide an excellent patient experience.Person SpecificationTraining & QualificationsEssential
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- Evidence of commitment to ongoing learning and personal development
- Experience at a management level which could include project management, change management, multidisciplinary working, human resource management, performance management
- Evidence of having achieved challenging targets
- Relevant practical experience in an administrative role
Communication and relationship skillsEssential
- Experience in Healthcare
- Experience of using healthcare IT systems
Analytical and Judgement skillsEssential
- Effective communications skills
- Ability to influence and motivate staff to deliver challenging targets
- Ability to present data and write reports
- Negotiating skills
- Ability to supervise a team
- Ability to manage conflict
- Able to build strong durable working relationships
- Evidence of a proactive approach to relationship building through face to face engagement
- Evidence of strong working relationships within multi-disciplinary teams
- Proven record of planning, organisation and administration skills
Planning and organisation skillsEssential
- Excellent problem solving skills using team when appropriate
- Evidence of being business focused
- Sensitive to clinical and political demands
- Innovative thinker with the ability to cut through barriers to change
- Able to demonstrate good prioritisation skills
- Able to demonstrate a pro-active approach to work/problem solving
- Skilled in analysing business performance information, interpreting performance data and then proposing solutions / outcomes to enable the department to reach the business targets.
- Understand limits of own responsibilities
- Effective organisation and planning skills
- Evidence of developing skills to manage own workload and that of own teams when required
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines using own initiative and sound judgement.
- Ability to demonstrate innovative and forward thinking approach.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Well-developed IT skills to manage and report on complex performance management information systems
- Ability to work flexibly across two campuses
Nottingham University Hospitals NHS TrustsAddress
Queen's Medical Centre
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.