The Digital Training Team at University Hospitals Bristol and Weston, are responsible for delivering training for the Trust's clinical digital systems, using a variety of media to over 14,00 staff across several hospital sites. Working alongside a team of Digital Trainers, Digital Training Lead and Digital Training manager to deliver engaging and informative training packages.
We would encourage creative thinkers, with experience in delivering both classroom training and the development of digital content. All candidates would benefit from understanding of adult learning theories and principles and be willing to work in a hybrid working environment.Main duties of the job
To create and deliver effective and highly engaging end user training to the Trust, appropriate for clinical and non-clinical staff via classroom and digital learning packages.
Provide support and knowledge to Subject Matter Experts and Project Managers.
Working closely with Digital Service and other departments within UHBW.
Provide on-site support for implementations/upgrades to operational staff (clinical and administrative).About us
University Hospitals Bristol and Weston NHS Foundation Trust (UHBW) is one of the largest acute Trusts in the country, bringing together a combined workforce of over 13,000 staff and over 100 different clinical services across 10 different sites, serving a core population of more than 500,000 people across South West England. UHBW has been rated by the CQC as 'Good' overall and our staff are proud to deliver excellent care to the people of Bristol, Weston and beyond. As a forward-thinking multi-award winning Trust and a digital exemplar committed to improving patient care, our world-leading research and innovations are having a positive local and global impact. Our hospitals are spread across Bristol and Weston, join us and you can enjoy the very best of both worlds city living within a stone's throw of the countryside or beside the seaside, both with easy access to all that the South West has to offer. UHBW is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. As an equal opportunities employer actively working towards a diverse workforce we aim to recruit and retain a workforce which represents the rich diversity of the local population at all levels and are committed to designing our services around the needs of individual patients and those around them. Anonymous information will be used from your application in order to ensure we're meeting our pledge.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
For a more detailed job description, main responsibilities, and Person Specification, please refer to the job description document attached to this vacancy.Person SpecificationSkills and AbilitiesEssential
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills shown by oAbility to communicate complex strands of work oAbility to relate to, communicate with, both clinical and non-clinical staff, at all levels of the Organisation, to pass on knowledge and skills to others
- Confident self starter, ability to prioritise work to deadlines, equally adept at working on their own or as an integral part of a team
- Ability to deliver in a pressured, changing environment
- Personally competent to a high standard in the Microsoft Windows software programmes including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, email, and calendar
- Evidence of previous eLearning portfolios
- Evidence of problem solving skills
Qualifications and TrainingEssential
- Facilitation and coaching skills that support training and change management
AptitudesEssential Knowledge and ExperienceEssential
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience
- Training Qualification
- Evidence of continuing professional/personal development, preferably in training
- ECDL or other recognised equivalent IT skills programme
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Previous working experience and knowledge of some of the Trust's Clinical Information Systems
- Previous working experience of the NHS environment, preferably in an acute setting to include a range of administrative services that underpin the patient journey within the NHS
- Knowledge and understanding of IT initiatives in the NHS
- Knowledge and use of eLearning Authoring Tools
University Hospitals Bristol and Weston NHS Foundation Trust (UHBW)Address
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.