Looking for Advanced Care Practitioners who have a background in unscheduled Emergency/Urgent Care to work in any of the three UCCs - Northwick Park, Central Middlesex and Ealing Hospitals.
We are building our team of both ECPs & ACPs creating a dynamic workforce. UTC and ED have a close working relationship and we can offer any individuals shifts in the ED is so desired. This is the perfect opportunity for a qualified ACP to join our team. You may be tired of the intensity of ED and enjoy the UCC environment as an alternative.Main duties of the job
Professional background (i.e. Nurse, Paramedics etc.) working at the HEE definition of advanced clinical practice will:
Practice autonomously as part of the GP workforce roster for delivering urgent and emergency treatments and be self-directed
Undertake assessment of individuals using a range of different assessment methods, which may include physical examination, ordering and interpreting diagnostic tests or advanced health needs assessment
Draw on a diverse range of knowledge in their decision-making to determine evidence-based therapeutic interventions this may include prescribing medication and actively monitoring the effectiveness of therapeutic interventions About us
London North West University Healthcare NHS Trust (LNWH) cares for the people of Brent, Ealing, Harrow and beyond.
Our team of more than 8,200 clinical and support staff serve a diverse population of almost one million people.
We run major acute services at:
- Northwick Park Hospital: home to one of the busiest emergency departments (A& E) in the country. The hospital provides a full range of services including the country's top-rated hyper-acute stroke unit and one of only three hyper-acute rehabilitation units in the UK
- St Mark's Hospital: an internationally renowned specialist centre for bowel disease
- Ealing Hospital: a busy district general hospital providing a range of clinical services, as well as 24/7 emergency department and urgent care centre, and specialist care at Meadow House Hospice
- Central Middlesex Hospital: our planned care site, hosting a range of surgical and outpatient services and collocated with an urgent care centre.
We are a university teaching NHS trust, in recognition of the important role we play in training clinicians of the future and bringing the benefits of research to the public.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
To view the main responsibility, please see the attached the Job Description and Person Specification.Person SpecificationEssentialEssential
- Qualified ACP to Masters level
- Emergency /urgent/unscheduled care experience
- Non Medical Prescriber
- Excellent knowledge base in the assessment and treatment of minor injuries & Illness
- Evidence of ongoing professional development
Skills and abilitiesEssential
- ATLS/APLS.ETC provider
- Teaching qualification
- Primary care ACP experience
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Presentation skills
- IT Skills and familiarity with EPR systems.
London North West University Healthcare NHS TrustAddress
London North West NHS trust - Cross Site
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.