Brief Job Overview:
We're looking for a Principal Clinical Psychologist
to join our compassionate and friendly leadership team at Chalkhill Unit
. This is a role where you will utilise your clinical leadership skills and knowledge while maintaining your clinical and supervisory skills. The emphasis of this role is on promoting clinical expertise and teaching, whilst being a key member of the ward leadership team. You would be given development time to lead on a clinical area that reflects your interests and experience, while being supported by a full multi-disciplinary team.
CAMHS experience is an advantage but not essential,
so please get in touch if you are a Clinical Psychologist looking to move into CAMHS as we may be able to support you with on the job learning. If you have a passion for supporting young people with their mental health, then we would love to talk to you.Main duties of the job
For further information on the main duties of this role can be found on the attached Job Description.About usLiving and working in West Sussex:
Our staff know how amazing it is to live and work in West Sussex and we'd love you to experience that too by coming to work with us.
-For more information on house prices in West Sussex: click here-For information on nurseries and childcare, check out: click here -For information on schools visitwww.goodschoolsguide.co.uk
We encourage flexible working. We know that a positive work/life balance brings about huge health-related benefits, which has a positive impact on the care we provide. Equality, Diversity and Inclusion:
Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust is committed to becoming a diverse employer and inclusive workplace in which people from all backgrounds can belong and pursue enriching careers. If you have a disability and require reasonable adjustments throughout the application or recruitment process, please get in contact with the hiring manager. Mission and Values:
Our mission is to champion the rights of people with mental health difficulties and learning disabilities, and we work with our partners to bring health and care services together to improve the care they receive.For more information on the SPFT Recruitment Process and FAQs please: click here
If you are interested in finding our more about the role, we would welcome the opportunity to discuss the the opportunity further, and to arrange an informal visit.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
The role is to provide a professional or clinical leadership role within the clinical service/ team, providing a high quality, specialist applied psychology service to clients, their families or carers, where there are highly complex presentations. In addition to be responsible for the supervision and governance of a group of psychologists and psychological therapists with the specified service and to support psychological practice within the team through consultation, supervision, formulation and training. To utilise research skills for audit, service development and research within the area served by the team/service. Career Progression:
We know that building on your personal and professional development are key to providing the best patient care. We are committed to providing a working environment where you can progress your career, build your knowledge base and develop your skillset.
As part of this role, we will support your leadership development by offering access to our Sussex Partnership Psychological Professions leadership development course. You will also join our Sussex CAMHS Psychological Professionals Forum with Consultant and Principal PP colleagues. At Chalkhill we have a thriving, well-funded, friendly and highly skilled multi-disciplinary Team. We strive toward compassionate leadership and flexible support. We offer the opportunity to deliver the best clinical care, in a safe therapeutic environment, with an often traumatised and marginalised client group.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Post-graduate doctoral level training in applied psychology [or its equivalent for those trained prior to 1996 or outside the UK] as approved by the HCPC, including specifically models of psychopathology, clinical psychometrics, two or more distinct psychological therapies and lifespan developmental psychology.
- Professionally registered as a Practitioner Psychologist with the Health Professions Council (HCPC)
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Significant assessed experience of working as a qualified psychologist.
- Experience of working with a wide variety of client groups, across the whole life course and presenting with the full range of clinical severity across the full range of care settings including outpatient, community, primary care, in-patient and residential care settings severity including maintaining a high degree of professionalism in the face of highly emotive and distressing problems, verbal abuse and the threat of physical abuse.
- Experience of exercising full clinical responsibility for clients' psychological care and treatment, both as a professionally qualified care coordinator and also within the context of a multidisciplinary care plan.
Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Chalkhill Adolescent Unit
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.